Polar Fis Advanced

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
There was something like that available for the mk4's, you could bring up various parameters like vagcom in real time but I can't remember the name of it.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I got FIS-Control for my Mk4 with Full FIS cluster. Works great and finally convinced me to get my faded FIS LCD replaced.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I got FIS-Control for my Mk4 with Full FIS cluster. Works great and finally convinced me to get my faded FIS LCD replaced.
What did you fit? Which one?

Ps your "my page" link doesn't actually work

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I fixed the my page link, haven't updated the page in ages though. lol

It has details on my FIS conversion in it on page 2.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I fixed the my page link, haven't updated the page in ages though. lol

It has details on my FIS conversion in it on page 2.

Ah right, I've done all that to mine too, I thought you'd fitted one of those aftermarket things that gives you all the boost etc in the fis too. They're pretty cool.

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta & 2014 JSW 6MT
Never mind, I now understand how to get to the Polar screens, serves me right for buying used without instructions.

PS what does "FIS" stand for? All I've seen is that if refers to "high pixel density display".

Last edited:

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
What do the codes I see in the FIS display (using PF3) represent? In other words is there a legend or glossary somewhere? I assume these codes are not from Auto-Polar, rather they must be from VW, and Auto-Polar allows me to see them. For example what does FF01, FF10, FF20, FF40 mean in the "DPF St" field? I notice the engine bucks momentarily when the mode shifts. Note my car is a '14 JSW, TDI, MT6 and it has had the fix.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I could be wrong in which I hope others will correct me.

FF01. Normal running, no regens
FF02. DFP regeneration in progress
FF40 NOx regen in progress

FF10 might be NOx regen too

The bucks are when the exhaust valve closes to start a NOx regen or opens after imho. Too and from FF40 in my car.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
DPF Status (aka Engine controller MB group 104 field 0 in VCDS)

FF01 Passive DPF regeneration (most of the time)
FF10 NOx regeneration (short, drops out when fuel use drops to zero, down hills and slowing down)
FF02 DPF Active Regeneration (five minutes or so)
FF20 DeSOx Mode (longer, up to 20 minutes, at the end of every fourth or fifth FF02)

These are in order of how often they can be noted.

I identified these by comparison with logged values, and comparison with descriptions in the 2.0 liter VW self-study guide.

Also saw infrequent FF40, and FF80 readings, during warm up.

would be interested in validation that these are still available via VCDS after the emissions fix is applied by VW,

and that polar fis folks have updated software to still work with the post-fix software

Last edited:

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks to Wilkins and Meerschm for their info. I'm running Auto-Polar firmware 0.5.5b9, which I assume is a beta version.