Tandem Pump Leak?

foliva

TDI
Jetta (Bora) MK5 1.9 PD TDI
Hi, 2007 Jetta TDI 1.9 PD here.
Is my tandem pump leaking? :confused: Should I just tigthten the allen bolts attaching it to the engine?
So I was looking at my engine and noticed some grime/soot buildup underneath the pump.

On further inspection, this is what I found.

Zooming in...

Another angle...

Thank you for your input!

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Seems to definitely be leaking from the tandem pump gasket, that is available from IDparts. It may also be leaking from the connector to the injectors (in your last photo). May be worth looking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foliva

TDI
Many thanks... I'm going to go ahead and replace the gasket. Will report back with results.

Matt Carlson

TDI
13 Golf TDI
Seems to definitely be leaking from the tandem pump gasket, that is available from IDparts. It may also be leaking from the connector to the injectors (in your last photo). May be worth looking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a seal where the harness goes into?

foliva

TDI
Many thanks... I'm going to go ahead and replace the gasket. Will report back with results.
:)

So I replaced the gasket day before yesterday; bought it at the dealership for equivalent to USD 6 (I am in Mexico). Nowhere as messy as I thought it would be from reading other posts. Fairly straightforward tasks.

Took me a couple of attempts to turn on the engine afterwards; engine turned on just fine.

Been driving the car for two days. Been a bit worried leaks may show up again. Time will tell.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line, 2005.5 Jetta TDI (BRM) 6MT (02Q)
So I have a bad leak out of the my tandem pump gasket. I'm going to create a post to try to gather some help and advice.

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
This is a family website. Nothing illicit is allowed here...