Fog/Driving lights.....

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
Has anyone changed out the front bumper( stock SEL ) to the GTD/GTI front bumper with the LED Fog/Driving lights. Just wondering how you wired them into the car to make them work. I have the Deutsche Auto Parts kit for this but not sure what I have to do here. Any help will get many thanks.

Geist296

TDI
My car is a SEL yes she has lights already. The difference is that the originals are halogen bulbs. The GTD/GTI ones I have are LED's I have the connectors and some wire from VW that is just for this. There is just no reference to which wire from the original harness goes to which pin in the LED housing. I bought the kit from Duetsche Auto Parts within a few months or so of him putting the kit together and he sent everything needed. But even Paul didn't know what to do with the lights.

So are your lights the LED's or halogens?

Geist296

TDI
Sorry, Just read your post with the bulbs. I have the connectors and some jumper wire from VW Just need to know which wire goes to which pin in the connectors I have

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
well its only two wires so + and -

just test it first and you will see its 50/50. you don't have to make the harness until you know.

when I have time I could take mine out and check. when I made my harnesses I just made sure I kelp the same polarity but I can't recall which one is which on the LED fog. I would have to do a continuity check on my harness and base it off my pics as mine are all taped up now.

Geist296

TDI
Yeah I hear ya there. That is what I am looking for which is which so I don't cause any issues with my electrical system. If you could that would be awesome. Did you have to code anything with VCDS at all?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Any issues with the LED fogs? I’m thinking I might do an R bumper on an SEL.

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
No need to code anything if you already have fogs.

As fornthe GTI LED foglight.. They are pretty disappointing as they are more of a daytime running light than a flooding foglight. My oem bumper fogs were proper compared to the gti ones.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Geist296

TDI
No need to code anything if you already have fogs.

As fornthe GTI LED foglight.. They are pretty disappointing as they are more of a daytime running light than a flooding foglight. My oem bumper fogs were proper compared to the gti ones.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Oh I don't know I have seen a few with the lights mine have and they throw a ton of light. For me it is more so to be seen...But thanks again

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta