Delaware: 2002 Golf TDI 5/MT Black/Black

xdrift0rx

TDI
1998 Jetta,1987 RX7
SOLD

Gonna copy my craigslist add instead of re-writing everything. If you have any specific questions let me know.

craigslist ad:

https://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-volkswagen-golf-tdi/6575279568.html

For sale is my wife's daily driver. We are replacing this with a newer vehicle and need more space for winter trips to the mountains. We have owned this vehicle for roughly 4 years and put about 50k miles on it. In that time we have done a few things to the car. More photos available. Facebook limited me to 10.

-The dual mass flywheel was vibrating so it was replaced with a g60 single mass and upgraded clutch for future power increases. We never got to purchase a tuner or injectors. Less thank 30k miles on the clutch.

-Timing belt was replaced about 2 years ago due to unknown age. We believe this is why the vehicle was traded into the dealership. Still good for the next 50k miles

-front control arm bushings, and aligned within the last year.

-New battery this past fall.

-Less than 10k miles on continental DWS tires.

-oil changed every 5k miles with rotella t6 5w40 and MANN filters

-Fuel filter every 10k

-Interior was swapped from tan to black. Everything is swapped besides the drivers door panel and glovebox. They are hard to find in nice condition.

-block heater was installed 2 winters ago and is a nice touch for cold mornings!

There are a few things that should/could be addressed for the new owner.

-The car has a very minor oil leak. It drops a single drip of oil overnight leaving an unsightly black mark. This is either from the oil filter housing, or the valve cover. I haven't inspected it yet and it hasn't gotten any worse.

-there is a rust spot on the drivers rear door sill. We think our daughter caused this from getting in and out. I have the paint matched spray paint to fix, just need it to warm up outside.

-the rear passenger sunroof vent is clogged. Heavy rain will cause some wetness on the C pillar.

Besides that this is a super reliable car and we drove it to and from the poconos almost every weekend this winter as well as 5-6 trips to Vermont for skiing. Never once has it given us a problem! We will routinely get 600-700 miles a tank on long rides and roughly 500-550 with lots of city.

Last edited:

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 5-Speed, 01 Jetta 5-Speed, 02 Jetta 5-Speed Conversion, 04 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat Wagon
Very cool.
Most likely you'll sell it this week.
-Jason