Protein Paint Job

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Just thought you guys might want to see these pics.

They're from a road trip we took this past summer. Needless to say, we encountered some bugs along the way. I call it a protein paint job!

It doesn't look as bad in the photos, but we could hardly see out of the windshield. We got really good mileage on this trip, though!

Bucky

Veteran Member
Sprockets:

YUCK!

I've had that paint job before too. The trick is to get them off before they get baked on. If they are really thick, I like to stop every few hours and ?squegee? them off at the gas (diesel) station.

------------------
"If it bleeds...We can kill it"
"I ain't got time to bleed"
My personal favorite "A Man's gotta do what a Man's gotta do" Women hate this one... ;)

DZLKopf

Veteran Member
I've heard of people putting a thin layer of vaseline on the parts of the car where bugguts collect.

It apparently washes off completely, and helps your car fit in your garage easier.

------------------
DZLKopf
Drink Diesel, Eat Soot, Breathe NO2.... Hooah!

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
<font color=blue>Testing</font>, <font color=green>testing</font>.

------------------
2000 Golf GLS TDI mit UPsolute
Satin Silver/Format Black

[This message has been edited by Sprockets (edited October 31, 2000).]

S

SkyPup

YUCK!
That is nothing, come down here to Florida, insect capital of the world. Baked love bugs are our speciality in May and September, the smell is wretched too.

Bucky

Veteran Member
Yeah SkyPup...I lived in Florida for a while myself. It's been a few years and I had forgotten about those lovebugs and the big screens on the fronts of the cars...Double Yuck!

S

SkyPup

I just so happen to ride motorbikes all year round and those sucking mo fo good for nothing pos love bugs get all over me, simply sic sic sic