TDIFest 2016 registration is now open!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
After a bit of delay, TDIFest registration is up and ready to go!

Step 1: First things first, please read our TDIFest wiki page at http://wiki.tdifest.com

Step 2: Purchase a TDIClub membership at http://forums.tdiclub.com/payments.php ... a "contributor" level allows you and children under the age of 18 to attend TDIFest. The "enthusiast" level allows you, an adult guest (friend, significant other, spouse, etc.) and children under the age of 18 to attend TDIFest.

Step 3: Go to http://events.tdiclub.com and login with your normal TDIClub credentials.

Step 4: Create an event registration for TDIFest 2016. You'll need to select whether you want a normal (a la carte) registration or an all-in registration. All-in gets you into all three of our paid food events and applies a $10 discount, whereas normal registration allows you to purchase individual events. Be sure to select your free t-shirt size and double-check that you have paid for all of the events that you'd like to attend.

Step 5: Check out and pay using PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account, you can still use the PayPal interface to pay by credit card.

Step 6: Make a hotel reservation by calling 920-743-5555. There are several room types available and important details that you'll need to know, so please check http://wiki.tdifest.com before calling the hotel.

----------------------------

Free suite upgrade raffle: Anyone who is both registered for TDIFest and has a room reserved at the hotel by June 15th will automatically be entered into a raffle for a free suite upgrade at the hotel. If you book a regular room and you win this raffle, we will upgrade you to a one-bedroom suite for the length of your stay (maximum of four nights).

Questions? Post them here! :cool:

Last edited:

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
I am still getting a Paypal cancel message every time I pay. This is after Paypal shows payment accepted, when I try to return to the Cincitdi site. What am I doing wrong?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I am still getting a Paypal cancel message every time I pay. This is after Paypal shows payment accepted, when I try to return to the Cincitdi site. What am I doing wrong?
I seem to be getting the same message, so I'll look into it. For now, everyone just sit tight until we get things worked out! :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
All fixed! Thanks for your patience. :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I just looked at the registration report, and there are about 10 people who have created reservations, but not checked out (or paid). If you have started a registration in the system and have a balance due that is greater than zero, please make sure you check out via PayPal account (or credit card through PayPal) before the end of the day on June 15th.

For any of you who got an error when checking out earlier this week, please attempt to check out again. Your account will reflect a zero dollar balance when everything is successful.

Important: You must be paid up in the registration system and have a hotel reservation in order to be entered into the free suite upgrade raffle! :)

Login and check your account at http://events.tdiclub.com

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Ok, I understand that you want people to register as Contributors to the Club, but how are we to see how much the weekend is going to cost us BEFORE we spend at least $60 to become a contributor.

I need to know how much this is going to cost before I can decide if I can even come.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Ok, I understand that you want people to register as Contributors to the Club, but how are we to see how much the weekend is going to cost us BEFORE we spend at least $60 to become a contributor.
I need to know how much this is going to cost before I can decide if I can even come.
Here is my Fest cost so far:

Motel - 3 nights $383

Frest Registration - $109 All in package for ONE

Call it $500 for the 3 day weekend at the Fest.

As for being a Contributor to the Club? I get more than $100 worth of enjoyment from learning and reading here. The TDI Fest is just a bonus, if I have the time to make the trip.

Now, Travel Costs to get there and home again will be a lot more than the registration and motel at the Fest. I am at least 2225 miles and 3-4 days travel time in each direction. If Anita comes along, it will cost a bunch more for travel expenses and will take more time. Plus, we will have to do different things along the way.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Pet friendly rooms

Hotel booked. Parker, too. Thanks for choosing a pet-friendly hotel!
You're welcome! It's very hard to find suitable hotel venues that are also pet friendly. We think this one will work out well.

Note: there are a limited number of pet-friendly rooms, and the pet-friendly status will not follow you if you win the free suite upgrade raffle (unless the owners have a pet-friendly suite available... I haven't asked).

For anyone interested in a pet-friendly room, reserve ASAP, as they will sell out quickly.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Event pricing

Here is my Fest cost so far:
Motel - 3 nights $383
Frest Registration - $109 All in package for ONE
Call it $500 for the 3 day weekend at the Fest.
As for being a Contributor to the Club? I get more than $100 worth of enjoyment from learning and reading here. The TDI Fest is just a bonus, if I have the time to make the trip.
Now, Travel Costs to get there and home again will be a lot more than the registration and motel at the Fest. I am at least 2225 miles and 3-4 days travel time in each direction. If Anita comes along, it will cost a bunch more for travel expenses and will take more time. Plus, we will have to do different things along the way.
Hi Aaron,

The cost breakdowns are as follows:

Contributor membership (one adult + children): $60
Enthusiast membership (two adults + children): $100

Adult and children age 11-17 event pricing per person:
  • Friday meet & greet with Wisconsin fish boil (full dinner): $25
  • Saturday speaker breakfast with enhanced buffet: $10 if you're staying at the hotel
  • Saturday speaker breakfast with enhance buffet: $17 if you are NOT staying at the hotel
  • Saturday Chicago Fireboat sunset cruise through the harbor: $25
  • Sunday awards banquet (full dinner buffet): $40

The "ALL-IN" option offers you a $10 discount for attending all of the food events. The Chicago Fireboat is not included in this and will need to be added separately if you wish to attend.

Kids age 0-10 event pricing per person:
  • Friday meet & greet: $12
  • Saturday speaker breakfast: $7 at hotel, $14 if staying offsite
  • Saturday Fireboat: $25 (no discount, unfortunately)
  • Sunday awards banquet: $20

The hotel also offers a free breakfast buffet every day to anyone who is staying at the hotel. If you're staying offsite, you can enjoy this buffet for $7 per person. Note that the Saturday speaker breakfast has an enhanced buffet. If you want to see the guest speaker, you must purchase this option, as the hotel's regular buffet will be in a different area.

I hope this helps! :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
NOTE: Today is the last day to enter the early registration raffle! If you register for the event AND reserve a hotel room by the end of the day TODAY, you will automatically be entered into a raffle to win a free suite upgrade. If you win, you'll automatically be upgraded to a one-bedroom suite at the hotel.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
N1DAS & Lisa all-in registered! :) Planning to bring the 535d. :cool:
Hotel booked! Planning to arrive on Thursday and rest up after driving 1240 miles.

DI fan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
Hey VeeDub I took the rest of the family off the list. I'm the only 1 on the list now. I'll going to some of the events but I'm not sure which ones. I'll know by the time I check in and register for them at that time. Basically, my wife and kids will leave me there and leave to do other things.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Your family members being registered isn't a problem. I'll go ahead and mark you as paid... just log back in and purchase whatever events you want to attend when you decide which ones.

Platinum_PD

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI PD sedan, Platinum Grey
Registration Verification?

I would like to verify, am I actually registered for TDIFest or not? It could be more clear. I click on the link where it says, "Everything looks great: Check Out Now >>". It says that my balance is $0. Should I be seeing some button on the resulting page that says "Register Now" or something? Thanks.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I would like to verify, am I actually registered for TDIFest or not? It could be more clear. I click on the link where it says, "Everything looks great: Check Out Now >>". It says that my balance is $0. Should I be seeing some button on the resulting page that says "Register Now" or something? Thanks.
Yes, you are registered. If you have a $0 balance, the system just sits there since there is no payment to process. You're good to go! :)

Platinum_PD

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI PD sedan, Platinum Grey
Ok, thanks! I haven't been to a TDIFest since the last time it was in Wisconsin (Lake Mills) in '05. I'm looking forward to this one. I'm still driving the same TDI Jetta that I had back then. Also it's great that it will be in Door County, one of my favorite places in Wisconsin.

Alchemist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 ALH Golf
Unforeseen circumstances have arisen, and I am not going to be able to attend. How do I cancel my registration? I tried at the registration site, but the edit/cancel function doesn't seem to be working.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hotel room update:

The hotel has given us until 6pm central time on Thursday, August 11th to book under our room block at the discounted rates.

After 6pm on the 11th, our room block will get released and the hotel will start filling any unsold rooms with people who are on their waiting list. The are are currently 27 people on the waiting list, so the hotel is guaranteed to sell out very quickly after our room block gets released.

Also, after 6pm on August 11th, the rate reverts back to the standard rate of $179/night for regular rooms and $259/night for suites. Take advantage of our current rates ($149 and $219) by booking now. :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Unforeseen circumstances have arisen, and I am not going to be able to attend. How do I cancel my registration? I tried at the registration site, but the edit/cancel function doesn't seem to be working.
Sorry you won't be able to make it! Cancellations and refunds are processed manually, and we will take care of that for you this weekend.

For your hotel room, please call the resort at your earliest convenience and let them know that you won't be able to attend. They will refund your deposit, less the cancellation fee.

nate0031

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
96 B4 Passat
Bit of a random question, we were looking at taking the travel trailer this year. Is there any parking for TT's/RV's?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Parking in the hotel parking lot? I'd be surprised if the trailer didn't fit in the spaces.
Camping in the hotel parking lot? I'd as surprised if the hotel site didn't try to deter you from that.