Diesel injection pump Injection quantity

itsrojass

TDI
Jetta 2001
Hey guys I'm looking to get an answer of what the preferred injection quantity should be ? Can anyone advise me on what it should be ? I changed my gaskets because my pump was leaking and I'm taking my car to a shop because I don't have a vag com so can anyone help me out on that ?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
If it's all stock, it will run around 2.2 to 2.8. Many folks believe this is too rich, mine always ran fine. Now that I'm tuned it sits at 4.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
They say for optimum MPG, it's around 5, but every car is different, so try 4 and go from there. If the mpg and power is good, little smoke, then your good to go.

itsrojass

TDI
Jetta 2001
What I meant was wouldn't I be able to set it to the same Injection quantity it had before I changed the gaskets ?

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
What I meant was wouldn't I be able to set it to the same Injection quantity it had before I changed the gaskets ?
Unless you checked it before you took it apart, you won't know what it was. Also, if you did note it, doesn't matter as you moved the top piece ala the hammer mod so that changes it too.