2001 Golf GL with sunroof

funkag

Veteran Member
You must have coded the HTML right. How much did you pay for the sunroof? Does something like that only occur on the "other side" of the border, or has anyone found one in the U.S.?

TDInspired

This is my car but I am not sure how to post images on this screen. Do I simply code the HTML??? Here goes a try:

------------------
2001 Golf Gl TDI, Power sunroof (RARE), Sony CDX-M750 (Awesome, much more to come

[This message has been edited by TDInspired (edited October 16, 2000).]

TDInspired

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funkag:
You must have coded the HTML right. How much did you pay for the sunroof? Does something like that only occur on the "other side" of the border, or has anyone found one in the U.S.?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not sure how the dealer ended up with the sunroof. I know the car was built in Wolfsburg because of the Serial number but I have yet to hear or see of another GL with the factory power sunroof. It was 1K extra in Canada, not sure on the US$ though.

Has anyone ever seen a GL with a sunroff?

------------------
2001 Golf Gl TDI, Power sunroof (RARE), Sony CDX-M750 (Awesome, much more to come

Bucky

Veteran Member
TDI Inspired:

No wonder you're inspired you lucky dog! Man I never heard of a TDI with a Sunroof...at least in this neck of the woods. In Europe I've even heard of a TDI 4Motion. It also looks like you have factory fog lights. Man this had to be some sort of factory special order. I'm curious. I've heard that A/C is not standard on the Golfs in Canada. Have you heard that?

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Excellent car! Reflex Silver I imagine? Mine is Satin Silver.

Maybe your Golf was in the GTI production run for a while and picked up the sunroof there. I have no other explanation.

------------------
2000 Golf GLS TDI
Satin Silver/Format Black

BillyX

Sorry guys, had to re-register with a new name. Can`t remember these dawm passwords... The car has the regular Golf headlights I beleive, no foglights and stuff...

I look forward to adding an upsolute TB as well as some nice new 16" wheels...

------------------
2001 Golf TDI, Silver/Blck, Power Sunroof, more to come...

Moncton NB Canada

BillyX

to heck with it, I will stick with BillyX

Here are some new pics:

------------------
2001 Golf TDI, Silver/Blck, Power Sunroof, more to come...

Moncton NB Canada

Bucky

Veteran Member
Those look like E-Codes without the fogs. I didn't even know there was such a thing. This car is unusual with the sunroof and all. It probably has the new pre-production 180 HP PDI swirl boosted injection system. Wait!!! Look at the front license plate..It says GDI! I KNEW this was a prototype! <snicker>

cagius

I didn't realize I was so fortunate! I bought my 2000 Golf GL TDI (made in Wolfsburg) from carsdirect.com. I had to settle for black, but I didn't want a sunroof. When I was told the car had a power sunroof (they wanted $800, I got it for $600), I almost didn't take it. But now, I love it, and of course, the car is great!!! Unrelated question: does the clutch have to be adjusted periodically? I don't see anything about this in the owner's manual?

Bucky

Veteran Member
Cagius:

I don't know the answer to your question but try posting it in the "General Maintenance" forum/category and I'm certain that someone will be able to answer your question there.
Does your car have any other unusual options?
Can you post a picture of your car in this section?

BillyX

Hey gang, what is the difference between an E-code headlight and a regular North American light.

All I know is that the car came straight from Wolfsburg to my dealers lot and into my hands.

I have yet to see a non-GTI 2 door golf with a sunroff!!!

------------------
2001 Golf TDI, Sil/Bla, Power Sunroof,Sony MDC-X750, more to come...

Moncton NB Canada