05 Jetta Wagon BEW--Help w/ limp mode diagnosis

msaranga

TDI
2005 Jetta wagon
Before I take a day off of from work and drive 3 hours one way to see a Guru on the list (don't know if he's trusted or not) and pay at least $100, I'm looking for some help. Car accelerates slowly and very drivable but without the boost it should have. Will slowly build to 70 to 80 mph on the highway. It is an automatic so it will sometimes down shift as I'm working to accelerate.
Took it to a local VW shop to have codes scanned. There were more than one but they gave me the following:
P0245 Turbo Charger Boost Bypass Solenoid (A) Circuit Low Input/Short to Ground.
There were more but they said they wanted me to leave it and pay for a more thorough troubleshooting.
I took it to O'Reilly's and got the same code and others:
P0670 Glow Plug Module Control Circuit
P2108 Throttle Actuator Control Motor Performance
P2102 Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Low
P1027 ActivationIntake Manifold Flap for Air Stream Regulation Short Circuit to ground
P2426 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler Switch over-valve.
The guru I spoke with said it could be as simple as a fuse. I've looked at 15A fuses associated with the ECM but nothing. Is there a specific fuse? Have looked at the hoses for a leak and can't find one. This is the BEW engine and I understand that it's not likely the MAF. Again, looking for some help before I have to put more money into the car. Wanting to sell it once I get it running right. Thank you for your time!

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
Check the fuses on top of the battery and their connections. After that check grounds to motor and the main one under battery. If you don't find anything bad, start looking at the fuse box in the cabin and connections to the items with the trouble codes.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Look up the DTC's on the ross-tech wiki site, and see what they suggest.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Some of the descriptions of the codes leads me to thing a generic scanner was used.
I can't rule out a bad fuse.
With all the ones listed I would start checking for a bad ground.