Beeping noise while driving

dieselolds

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI 1.9L
Hi to everyone.I recently aquired a 02 jetta TDI.I've put maybe a 1000KM on it since buying it.It had a engine replacement in '09 due to a broken timing belt.I bought the car maybe two months ago and did alot of front suspension work,new filters,new brakes and so forth all around.

I replaced the timing belt,water pump and all pulleys,etc.I've changed the oil on it a few times to get the old dirty oil out of the engine.I'm using 5W40 Rotella T6 synthetic.Today for the first time the car makes a beeping noise while driving but stops when the car comes to a complete stop.The second the car moves forward the beeping noise starts again.There are no warning lights on inside the panel but only a flashing brake light,but thats been like that since I owned the car.

The check engine light is on but its a glow plug circuit fault.The ABS is on too,but that also has been that way since I bought the car.The noise is really bothersome so if you guys can offer some suggestions on what it could be,please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Crankous

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GL 5speed w/Panzer FMJ, 2005 B5.5 passat auto, 2000 Golf 4 door 5 speed
When I leave my handbrake on while I drive it makes a long beep noise... I would start there since there is already a problem having a flashing brake light on. I know it's been this way for a long time and the noise just now showed up but the flashing light shouldn't be on so it's a good place to start...

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
None - did own '01 and '02 Jetta TDI
Did you get a chance to look at the problem? Hopefully some of our solutions have pointed you in the right direction.

mittzlepick

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta wagon (365k)2001 wagon tire burner 6spd 2003 wagon(417k)
if i recall ebrake on comes from fuse panel area and another from the instrument panel like in concert with and oil light