General Discussion Forum Now open - Please Read

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I thank everyone for their input over the past few days, and I have been doing a lot of thinking over the last few days on what is the best way to deal with the problems we have been having. Please read the whole message before making comments though.

My purpose/goals of the forums is to help people become more aware of this great engine (it seems Canada and the US require more help here than Europe and other parts of the world); to help people solve any unfortunate problems they may be having with their TDI's; and last but not least to let us as a "community" grow together.

For anyone to take us seriously we must do the following:
* keep a professional appearance
* make people feel welcome
* work on making the site even better.

I opened up the General Discussion Area to help let the "community" grow, but in my opinion it has been working negatively against the goals of the forums and thus I suspended it for review. I will give the “General Discussion Forums” another chance, but please do not think of it as a “Jerry Springer” or “anything goes” section. Instead think of it as a civil, peaceful place to discuss some non TDI items amongst friends. We are all friends here and there is no reason to attack one another. If you really would like to discuss item at a different level or go more in detail, I’d suggest using email or another forum for that. Please moderate yourselves. These message will be kept for a month before being removed and will not be listed in the “today’s active topic section”.

Those people who were upset with the suspension of the forums are always welcome back as I try to make most everyone welcome here, while staying within the focus of the forums.
Another issue is I’ve ask the moderators to transfer topics to a more appropriate section when they are found in the wrong place. If you notice a topic has been closed, look for a message such as “This topic has been transferred to this forum: Upgrades (non TDI Engine related).” above the first message. This will let you know where your topic has been moved to.

Fred

boyelectric

Veteran Member
Great idea, thanks Fred! Ummm... I just tried to post but was not allowed. Tried quitting browser and relaunching. Still not authorized to post. Using Netscape.
-------------
Bonus! Works now... thanks Fred!
-a-

[This message has been edited by boyelectric (edited November 13, 2000).]

M

mickey

AHHHHHH!!!! I feel SO much better!

-mickey

p.s. I swear by all that's holy I'll MURDER the first idiot who complains about any particular subject! I'm not kidding!