Door switch question

kylec922

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
My 06 TDI Jetta doesn't engage lights or anything when the door is open on the driver side. Would this cause for any reason the lift pump in tank to not prime even with key on?
I've had 3 pumps in now. I've tested them directly to the battery. They all work. However I'm not getting power to the pump and it runs when fuel is in the filter. This means that the power wire to the pump HAS to have broke right? Pump is grounded too. Fuel gauge works.

Does the + 12v line going to the lift pump go straight to the ecm?

blatant

TDI
05.5 BRM
My 05.5 tdi driver door has the same symptoms and I have not had lift pump issues.
I am not sure about the +12v line

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
The 2006 BRM doesn't run the lift pump when you open the door. It runs the lift pump for about 3 seconds when you turn the key to run. If you lift up the rear seat lower cushion, when you turn the ignition to run, you will her the lift pump run momentarily if it is working correctly.

Additionally, when replacing the fuel filter there is no need to fill the filter bowl with fuel. all you do is turn the key to run and then to off about 3 times the filter bowl will be primed and the car will start without a bunch of cranking.

Last edited: