Just placed my order

rickdick80

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 5spd, 2004, Reflex Silver
Hi all-

I've been reading through the forums for about a month now (first-time poster), and just placed an order for my Golf TDI 5-speed yesterday! So now the waiting begins...

-Rick

tdi_tim

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Rick, welcome to the club, and congrat's on the new car order! What sort of options did you get?

rickdick80

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks! Here's the rundown: Silver GLS, gray interior, cold weather package.

I can't wait! So my dealer told me 3 months...can I actually expect that? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks! Here's the rundown: Silver GLS, gray interior, cold weather package.

I can't wait! So my dealer told me 3 months...can I actually expect that? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
If you don't want to wait, email all the dealers in a 100-200 mile radius, letting them know exactly what you want. If one of them has the right car, your dealer can do a trade. Actually, this is something your dealer ought to do. But if you tell him that XYZ VW has the car you want, your dealer either makes the trade or loses a sale. You don't have to buy from your home-town dealer.

rickdick80

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, I considered doing that. My dealer found the exact car I wanted (color, options, etc.) and even told me in which city the car was located. However, I'm using the time to 'build' as time to get my act together financially, research loans and insurance, etc.

I've seen on other posts that VWNA may or may not take orders for cars. Whether or not this is true I don't really care, as long as I get the exact car I want with less than 10 or so miles on it.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
[ QUOTE ]
Is it customary for some dealers to require a deposit or a fee to do a dealer swap or order a car, if they dont have what u really want on their lot???

[/ QUOTE ]Standard procedure.