anybody use upgraded brake discs here

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
just at the moment the brakes are fried and sticking allot ,and in need of new front discs and pads the stock ones always seemed a little poor when i just had my 110 and tunning box but now with chip and pp520s there really struggling, ive had some experience with rotors and grooved discs before and never really felt there was much difference from stock for the price but can anyone recomend anything even if its fit stock discs and mintex pads

Piranha

Veteran Member
TDI
golf 2000 Flash Red
VW use 288mm discs on the pd130 upwords.
That alone id proof that the stock brakes cannot handle much more than the std power.

I upgraded to tT LCAs, hubs and brakes.

worth every cent !!

clcollins

TDI
Audi A3 TDI Sport Quattro
Hi Cog, I went from standard Audi A3 discs to 312mm discs including replacing the calipers and pads. The first pair of discs I had were Tarox G88’s, expensive, unimpressive and noisy. I now have OEM Audi TT discs and whilst there no better they are a whole lot cheaper.

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
clcollins said:
Hi Cog, I went from standard Audi A3 discs to 312mm discs including replacing the calipers and pads. The first pair of discs I had were Tarox G88’s, expensive, unimpressive and noisy. I now have OEM Audi TT discs and whilst there no better they are a whole lot cheaper.
so are you saying the tarox g88s were no better than the stock tt discs or the whole 312mm upgrade was no better as its quite a jump for me i only have 280mm discs now although i dont know if they will fit my golf :rolleyes: