Seat options?

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
I don't want racing seats but comfortable ones that are going to bolt right up. I'd rather buy new seats and am currently looking at seats at this address https://www.carid.com/universal-sport-tuner-seats/?vehicle=4086

Most are too radical for me and my biggest problem is that I can't visualize how they will look and feel in the car. I am looking for comfort and lumbar support etc... Advice would be appreciated. I'd like to keep the cost under $600 but.... I want to keep it real... if it costs more sobeit.
Maybe some Recaros? Seems fairly universally accepted that Recaros are pretty decent seats. Don't know what the seat frames are like on the Bugs, but many a person has welded the necessary frames to the bottom of replacement seats.

I owned older Saabs (89 900 turbo convertible and a 97 9000 CSE), and the seats in those cars were excellent. I could drive hours on end w/o any discomfort. Seats from Saab's 9000 Aero were absolutely the bees' knees: I always wanted to get my hands on one of those cars.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Passat seats will fit an MK4 Golf or Jetta if you swap out the frames. Leather, heat and power in one nice package. Did I mention memory also?

Sky King

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle DSG Trans.
Maybe some Recaros? Seems fairly universally accepted that Recaros are pretty decent seats. Don't know what the seat frames are like on the Bugs, but many a person has welded the necessary frames to the bottom of replacement seats.

I owned older Saabs (89 900 turbo convertible and a 97 9000 CSE), and the seats in those cars were excellent. I could drive hours on end w/o any discomfort. Seats from Saab's 9000 Aero were absolutely the bees' knees: I always wanted to get my hands on one of those cars.
I don't want a racing type seat but cushion and lumbar support. As long as the seat compliments the interior, I don't need an exact match but I'm not racer. :)

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I noticed you didn't say.. "Beetle" so I will assume these will not fit my 2006.
Not sure if the Passat seats would fit a Beetle or not. If a Jetta or Golf will fit a Beetle then a Passat would also fit. However I don't think there are any two door Passats so any seat you found would not fold forward to allow rear seat access.

You do have to swap out the frames to make a Passat seat fit in either a Golf or Jetta.

autoloverzz

TDI
Jetta
G'day from OZ,

Hope you've had some luck looking for your car seat covers JP! I'm looking for some advice for seat covers for my Transporter.

Anyone tried neoprene? Don't think I can cope with leather with our heat. I'm from OZ, there's these guys called Dingo Trails and they seem to have what I'm after (https://dingotrails.com.au/product-category/seat-covers/volkswagen/volkswagen-transporter/) but there's no reviews yet on their site so reckon I'd ask on here if anyone's tried them. Seems to have rave reviews on other models though!"