Anyone from the Colorado Springs/Denver area?

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
I posted this on the General TDI forum, but this is much busier, so I'll try here. I am picking up a Passat in Colorado Springs on 25 June. Does anyone in the area want to check out the car for/with me when we pick it up? This will be my first TDI experience, so I'm not exactly sure what to look for. It's a VW certified used car, so my confidence level is a little higher than it would be if this were bought from an individual. Any pointers? Please post or email me privately if you wish. Thanks,
-Nick

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
Don't live there anymore, so I can't help on that front, but I can direct you on some great little side trips if you want to explore a little before setting off back across the Great (boring) Plains.

In particular, if you head West on 24 through Manitou Springs, you climb up through the foothills to the high plains. Then you can take any number of little roads north, but I recommend going out to 9 and heading up to Fairplay. Then stay on 9 and come over Hoosier Pass into Blue River and Breckenridge from the South before jumping on I 70 to head east to Denver and beyond. This is truly a magical time of year out there, and quite quiet too in tourism terms.

When I lived in Breckenridge, the universal refrain amongst the locals was that they came out for a winter and ended up staying for the summers. I know numerous good places to stay if you want ideas. After all, if you're going to go all that way to pick up a car, you might as well get to know it by driving some of the most beautiful roads in the country.

-Matt

p.s. When coming down I 70, get off at Idaho Springs and drive up Mount Evans, highest paved road in the US. Then stop in Idaho Springs for some great pizza. The name escapes me at the moment, but the place is right in the center of town.

p.p.s. Can you tell I like it out there?

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
Minemapper, I've been doing my homework and I think that we are going to have similar cars, Storm grey wagons. How do you like your color, is it tough to keep looking clean?
-Nick

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
I didn't forget the place (or the pizza), just the name
Please have a heart, the altitude killed a lot of brain cells when I was there

brownugen, I'd say we will have identical cars
. Its actually a great color. Looks very classy and hardly shows dirt at all. My neighbour was amazed the other day when I told him it was 5 years young. He thought it was new. A good detailing will last you a long time on this car.