Timing Belt needs to be done soon in Utah

TDIUtah

TDI
2002 Jetta
I just bought my second a 2000 Jetta TDI with 115K on it, but I was unable to verify the last time a timing belt was replaced. I was able to
get the price down a bit because of it.

I have inspected it and it does appear to have been changed at least once, but I don't want to take the chance.

I have a vag-com ross-tech HEX-CAN-USB and laptop.

I looking for someone to look over my shoulder to complete my first TB. Since my other TDI is 6K from it's first change also.

I still need to buy the 100K kit w/water pump and TB Tools if I need to.

I'm in Roy, Utah

Last edited:

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
I haven't done a TB on a TDI yet so I can't help you there, but if you don't mind, I would like to try to be there when you do yours. I'd like to learn the correct way to do it. Let me know what you end up doing with it.

Thanks,
Brad

TDIUtah

TDI
2002 Jetta
bringing it to the shop

I can't wait any longer and I don't have the time to do it on my own until spring time. Maybe when my 2002 TDI needs in the summer I'll post again.

I have an appointment today. I don't want to take the chance of it breaking.

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
Sorry nobody had time to help you with this. I guess Christmas time is hard to arrange a GTG. I would help if I had experience with it. Out of curiosity, what shop are you taking it to?

TDIUtah

TDI
2002 Jetta
Reply to shop

I took it to Utah Imports in SLC, but I already had dieselgeeks 100k kit so
they installed the kit.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
And you got the timing all dialed in where you are happy?

Hopefully you were able to take a look at what they were doing. If so you could find the checklist by oldpoopie and go through it like a breeze. If you want pictures, there is the Drivbiwire PDF here.

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
Utah Imports is a great shop, I would trust them with any car, any day. They're on the Trusted Mechanics list too. I have taken a few of our cars there and they are great guys.