Need To Replace Harmonic Balancer...

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
It’s the updated design and a decent brand. What’s are you worried about?

-Todd

garciapiano

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI (1Z)
It costs less than others. But you usually get what you pay for. So just wanted to hear from some users.
Cost doesn’t really matter so much as the factory it came out of... I used a Vemo balancer that had a manufacturing defect that prevented the water pump pulley from fully seating in it. Painful as it was, I had to grind a bit of it off to get the pulley on without interference. I suspect you won’t run into that issue with the Febi.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Years ago I bought the last one he had for my B4 before price increased to the $130 range. I'd trust Dennis to supply quality parts, he's been a vendor and trusted TDI mechanic for years here, he wouldn't sell anything that he wouldn't put on a car in his shop.

mustangmarty

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat Wagon TDI
Part is ordered and will be here Tuesday. Hopefully this will help my engine run more smoothly as well as more quietly again.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Box and picture say febi, ad says corteco. Either way I like both companies for rubber components