www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Eastern USA

Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the Eastern USA. (Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Washington, DC. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia)

Old December 19th, 2006, 18:44   #1
PeterV
TDIClub Enthusiast
HO5G Doyen & Zen Master

Thumbs up The first GTG of 2007 - where else but the Ho5G?

The first weekend of 2007 = the first GTG of 2007!

Where - Ho5G!
When - Saturday, 1/6/07
9am – midnight (SAT night)

Rocketchip is a CONFIRMED vendor – do I hear TDIParts?

We’d like to see a few changes in our GTG format– actually we’d like to see a return to the way GTGs used to be back in 2004-2005. EVERYONE is still welcome... but please note:

#1 – ALL newbies:
By newbies I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you’ve been here doesn’t necessarily mean we know you! You'll be required to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!

#2 – Food
No more mid-GTG food runs! No one should have to leave the GTG to shop for you! This is not directed at those 2-3 newbies who approached me last time and told me they did not know what to bring. We had to go out and buy food for waaay more than 3 people!

Please watch for a food thread. We will post a list of suggestions – please watch for this and PARTICIPATE! If you don’t bring something, don’t expect to eat something! It seems everyone has come to expect a certain few to 'carry' the food - chicken satay, steak & turkey tips and burgers n bunz come to mind. It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food!

#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a preapproved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI, jsrmonster and TDiRacing) club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.

Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids!

ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT!
Chipping is the ONLY exception, and that is always at Rocketchip’s discretion.

A word about chip tuning – If your car is not in near perfect running condition (i.e. – has no fault codes, is not exhibiting limp mode or other bizarre behavior) don’t necessarily plan on getting a chip! Chipping significantly changes the way your car runs. Cars generally must be healthy first before turning them into performance machines. Again, this is at Rocketchip’s discretion.

We apologize for having to spell out GTG format, but lately it seems that more people come (which we love), but less food shows up (and we run out.) Also people seem to think the Hamster & I can get up early, stay up late AND have a full cleaning crew at our disposal. Friends, this is our HOME. We say it every time, but this time we emphasize it. We enjoy opening our home and garages to you. All we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return.

Now back to our regularly scheduled GTG...

ROCKETCHIP LIST (in no particular order...)

Last edited by PeterV; January 9th, 2007 at 10:58.
PeterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 18:50   #2
tomo366
TDI Lifer

Sorry........I can't make it......again
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 19:10   #3
IXLR8
Veteran Member

What a GREAT way to start the New Year.
P&J.. Heres hopeing folks get the message about what a GTG should be, I will be watching for the food thread..
IXLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 19:32   #4
Phoenix42
Veteran Member

Woot!!!
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 19:48   #5
david_594
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51.7/48.2/40.7

P+J,

I think I am going to have 2 projects on my plate for this event if that clears with you. A certain silver golf and a red jetta in need of some loving.

Can I call a bunch of burgers and buns now?
david_594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 20:02   #6
BlueCTTDi
Veteran Member

part of me is tempted to think about uttering the C-word.... but I think that's a project better suited to somewhere closer to home in case I encounter unexpected difficulties..

either way, I should be able to make it... I'll keep an eye out for the yummyness thread as well
BlueCTTDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 20:07   #7
david_594
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51.7/48.2/40.7

Crocodile?
david_594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 20:15   #8
JimL

Great another GTG I am a newbie and attended my first GTG in So Windsor Dec 9. I had a great time just watching and meeting people. Name tags will be a good idea. I tried to introduce myself to as many people as I could but after a while they were so many new people arriving it was hard to keep up. I forgot a lot of names(screen names and real names) and I'm sure people won't remember me. Anyway,is Jeff from rocketchip going to be attending? My TDI has had no mod's and I drove Nethed's Golf that has been rocket chipped. Amazing! I would be interested in being chipped and possibly a brake fluid change. Great job on the GTG format. I will be watching for the food thread for suggestions on what to bring. I will definitely try to attend on Saturday.
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 20:28   #9
BlueCTTDi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_594
Crocodile?
exactly, i was thinking of installing one in the back seat..

you know, to keep me company. i get lonely driving sometimes.
BlueCTTDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 20:33   #10
MikeS_18
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_594
P+J,

It's peanut butter jelly time!

I think I might be able to make the trip. more later...
MikeS_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 20:54   #11
Jetter_Sprinta
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor

Fuel Economy: Better than a Prius ;-)

YaY! New Blue's first big debut! Standard B4 rescue procedure needs doing: change in fluids and plead with Jonathan to advise on some of the stranger things. And maybe a little chip.

PeterV, you are making me feel guilty about chipping Krappy when we did! If I recall, the CEL was not the worst of the B4 rescue ailments we limped to the GTG with, but we rocketed home!

I can provide Name tags and a Sharpie. Beetle~Go, you coming?
Old December 19th, 2006, 22:28   #12
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

I'd like to see new blue in the daylight. And I may see if Jeff can once and for all cure the low speed shudder in the '97. And update the chip in the '00. And my son's '98 needs dampers (how about a third job, Dave?). And I want to help out with the control arms in the beautiful Red Jetta: this is on my mod list for the '02 in '07.

BeetleGo, do you still need window switches? I'll bring them along. And Jetter, are you going to change filters with the oil? I can bring those, too. Phoenix, I've got a clutch ready for you. I hope I can fit all this in the A3.
Old December 19th, 2006, 22:30   #13
SnowCub
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 25 mpg

I'm in. Hopefully the B4V will be getting chipped (it only has a few problems, i.e. inability to hold it's oil and a stuttering cold idle). Depends on what Jeff recommends.

I'll be looking for the food thread, last time I brought stuff there was already a thousand portions there. Maybe I will stick to something unique this time, like frog legs. Or clams. Anyone like clams? Bearded clams?
2013 MB GL450, Big Blue, 76k miles, 17 mpg sure sounds nice tho.
...former TDI A4, B4V owner...
SnowCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 06:01   #14
NH_TDI
Veteran Member

I am 90% sure I am in, have to check with wife and kid.
Happy to bring whatever food or beverages are necessary. Don't think the kegfridge will fit in the wagon.

Is an auto tranny fluid change to much of a task to ask for? If so no problem, if not please schedule me in.

I will probably have an order for TDIParts to deliver also.

Thanks for the laying out the guidelines. Wouldn't want to show up unprepared or useless.

Thanks.
Old December 20th, 2006, 06:33   #15
iggy_jet
Veteran Member

You know what they say about rules Peter ??????

Just kidding...

Looking forward to this..