Friendly Remider:

M

mickey

This section is specifically for discussion about TDI ENGINES, not Vws in general, or any other non-VW TDI subject. And please check out the other section headers before posting ANYTHING in here, even if it is a TDI subject! There is probably a section more suited for your particular subject, like Power or Economy or Emissions or something.

-mickey

swamptdi

not to get picky, mickey, but the description of the forum is "This is a general discussion about Diesels, Turbo Diesels, and in specific VW Group TDI's (VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda). Pro's cons of Diesels in general and other 'General TDI' discussions." given this description, i'm hard-pressed to find any posts to this forum that don't belong. granted, as you point out there are a couple of specific forums for tdi emissions, tdi performance, and the new tdi 101, but other general tdi discussions have no home but here. personally, i like having this one mother forum to look to in order to cut down on the time it takes to navigate into and out of various fora and the guesswork in figuring out where someone decided to post a particular tidbit i might be interested in. just my $.02

M

mickey

I'm not. There are plenty of threads in here right NOW, on page One, that have nothing to do with ENGINES, much less TDIs.

Fred has moved the "TDI 101" section to the top, so hopefully that'll help. People gravitate to the first section they see.

Way back in the olden days there was just one big "mother" section, but the need to subdivide became obvious. But the more we subdivided the more people complained about there being too many sections...except for the ones who demanded MORE sections!

I'm not particularly militant about it, or I'd have to spend 24/7 moving threads around. But it can't hurt to drop in a reminder every now and then.

-mickey

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
what about changing the title of the this forum to emphasis that?

Maybe take the general off?