ink stain on seat

bmike

Thread Killer
TDI
1998 Jetta - sold, 2010 A3 - sold
A neighbor's child decided to play tic-tac-toe on my black velour back seat with a blue pen.
Any suggestions on how to remove it? I feel like strangling someone.

sunshine

I heard that salt and club soda might help to remove the stain.Can you remove the car seat cover to put a paste on the stain? 2. You might want to use a Dry Cleaning Solvent to the stain and blot stain as much as possible to remove the stain. Repeat as necessary. 3.You could call an auto upholstery store or dry cleaner for advice. 4.Use a solution of mild dish detergent and a few drops of vinegar to stain, flush with cold water to rinse Repeat till clean. ( hot water- will set stain)blot dry.These are mostly from a Handy Household Hints Book by Readers Digest.Hope this helps you.

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
Ink is relativly easy to remove, just don't panic, and don't rush the process. It will take some time.
There are 3 easy ways to remove it.
1. Hairspray.The alcohol will dissolve the ink. It won't harm the black velour. Spray it, brush it, spray it, brush it, spray it, brush it... then put water on it, vacuum with a wet dry vac.
2. Water and soap. Chances are it's water soluble. Hot water, brush, and vacuum.
3. K2R-- Stain and carpet cleaner.

bmike

Thread Killer
TDI
1998 Jetta - sold, 2010 A3 - sold
Jerry,
Do you know if it matters if the hairspray is aerosol or not?

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
Sorry for not getting your post. Glad it worked.