Fight CARB!

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Just finished smogging my gasser Van and while at the station I asked the technician when they were going to be ready for diesel smog checks! He told me that he had no idea, that the state had not done any training and that no equipment had been ordered to handle diesel cars! Since it is effective 01/01/2010 there is not much time for the smog stations to get in compliance with the state rerquirements which no one knows what they are ...

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
I've lived in CA since the seventies. The air quality in the Bay Area has continued to decline over the years. I can remember going up to the Berkeley Hills on a regular basis, about two or three times a week, during the mid to late eighties. At that time you could see SF clearly any day of the week. You could often see as far as San Jose.

Take a trip up to the Berkeley Hills and have a look for yourself. The air quality here is comparable to what is was like in LA in the seventies and eighties. We are not that far behind Mexico City.

The law has been passed. It may be flawed and we may not like it but it's the law. Implementation may be rolled back, just as digital TV was rolled back, but it will be enforced at some point in time.

I'm not thrilled about smog checks. One of the reasons why I purchased diesel vehicles was to avoid smog checks. Smog checks are time consuming and they can be costly. However, the new law is going to benefit my children, for that I am grateful.