www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old March 23rd, 2018, 18:06   #271
MBQ
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisMitchell View Post
My recall was done on Monday. I received an email for "Chase Payments" on Tuesday where you accept the payment. Please check your email just in case.
Strange enough, I found on the claim portal today that another offer was generated for me to sign/notarize for one of the cars. The offer was dated Jan. 15th and the payment is the full amount instead of the half payment in the offer letter sent by the UPS.

Please note that I did the emission fix before receiving both offers for the same car.
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 07:23   #272
MTB_TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQ View Post
I sent signed/notarized offers back to VW through UPS one month and a half ago after the emission fix for 2 Gen 2 PCs.

Called the claim line and was told they received the returned pack and were noted the emission fix was done. But still haven't received the emails for EFT.

Anyone else in the same boat? Thanks.
It took me almost two weeks to get mine. The dealer forgot to take a picture of the VIN with their business card so the claims process was incomplete. I would call and confirm with the claims portal.

The other possibility is that maybe the chase payment email went to your spam and you didnít get it.
MTB_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 07:49   #273
timbo489

TDI(s): Q5

Not wanting to start new thread, but I'm really wondering about DEF usage post-fix. I have a 2016 Q5. At 1000 miles post-fix, I got the 1000 mile warning. That means consumption of 23L in 2000 miles, which seems incredible. Yes, it's cold where I live, but I do almost entirely highway miles.

Maybe the dealer didn't really refill the tank with the recall?

I'd be interested in others' thoughts. Thanks!
timbo489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 08:34   #274
DUTCH VanAtlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo489 View Post

That would be my guess.
DUTCH VanAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 08:59   #275
DennisMitchell

Quote:
Not wanting to start new thread, but I'm really wondering about DEF usage post-fix. I have a 2016 Q5. At 1000 miles post-fix, I got the 1000 mile warning. That means consumption of 23L in 2000 miles, which seems incredible. Yes, it's cold where I live, but I do almost entirely highway miles.

I'd be interested in others' thoughts. Thanks!
That would be weird considing Audi said DEF consumption for the 2016 Q5 would go down in the Emission Recall booklet.

I'm sure they didn't fill the tank, or didn't adapt that the vehicle was filled. Go back to the dealer.

I asked my dealer after the fix what is the process for DEF fill-up. I hope we don't need an appointment or have a long wait. The response was that they would hook up the vehicle to the computer, fill the tank, and "adapt" the control module that a fill-up had occurred. Seems too difficult.

I think we do need a new DEF thread for the Gen 2 3.0L vehicles.

Last edited by DennisMitchell; March 24th, 2018 at 09:03.
DennisMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:35   #276
MBQ
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTB_TDI View Post
It took me almost two weeks to get mine. The dealer forgot to take a picture of the VIN with their business card so the claims process was incomplete. I would call and confirm with the claims portal.
The other possibility is that maybe the chase payment email went to your spam and you didnít get it.
Did you do emission repair before getting the offer in the UPS package?
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 10:35   #277
timbo489

TDI(s): Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisMitchell View Post

I asked my dealer after the fix what is the process for DEF fill-up. I hope we don't need an appointment or have a long wait. The response was that they would hook up the vehicle to the computer, fill the tank, and "adapt" the control module that a fill-up had occurred. Seems too difficult.
No computer reset required. Just put in a minimum of 1 gallon, per owner's manual and it resets.

Mine swallowed 5 gallons. Did it myself, as the nearest dealer is 350 miles away. Here's hoping it lasts more than 1000 miles or this is going to be a real PIA.

I'm going to get the Malone tune, but my understanding is that doesn't impact DEF consumption, just HP and torque!
timbo489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2018, 09:23   #278
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

Quote:
No computer reset required. Just put in a minimum of 1 gallon, per owner's manual and it resets.

Mine swallowed 5 gallons. Did it myself, as the nearest dealer is 350 miles away. Here's hoping it lasts more than 1000 miles or this is going to be a real PIA.

I'm going to get the Malone tune, but my understanding is that doesn't impact DEF consumption, just HP and torque!
Yowza, down the road that thing would go if usage was anywhere NEAR that high.

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2018, 22:23   #279
bioburner

My Q7 drank 5gals of DEF in 3K miles post fix if I am to believe the dealers invoices. No prob having them top off other than being inconvenient.
bioburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2018, 09:07   #280
dyehead

It's been 8 days and Audi still has my Q7. Does lemon law apply here with the extended warranty? They have had my car for over a month in the last 3.
dyehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2018, 12:41   #281
DUTCH VanAtlanta

Had the "fix" done last Thursday, 4/5. Runs OK, but with about a 10% loss of fuel mileage. FedEx delivered the final check this AM.
DUTCH VanAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2018, 19:12   #282
audiq7tdi

TDI(s): audi

Can someone help me to bring my car back the way it was before p2 fix
It's been 4 months now when I got this fix done and has been noting but disaster.
shifting wired, loosing power between shift, accelerator slow response, so annoying engine sound I feel engine is running on higher rpms than it shows
does anyone has same or a like issues
thanks
audiq7tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 04:55   #283
KevinGary

TDI(s): 2015 A6 TDI

Glad that I decided to wait until April of 2020 to get the fix.
KevinGary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 12:07   #284
Milpitas2.7T

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiq7tdi View Post
Can someone help me to bring my car back the way it was before p2 fix
It's been 4 months now when I got this fix done and has been noting but disaster.
shifting wired, loosing power between shift, accelerator slow response, so annoying engine sound I feel engine is running on higher rpms than it shows
does anyone has same or a like issues
thanks
Glad I'm not the only one. the 8spd transmission was the first automatic that I didn't feel wanted to kill me (oh you want to go? now?, YES now,!!" Now the transmission feels like all the other crap Audi automatics. I hate it, I've done the reset and have driven it for a couple of months, the throttle feel is absolute crap!
Milpitas2.7T is offline   Reply With Quote