www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old March 2nd, 2014, 17:12   #1
Kookookachew

Fuel Economy: ~45mpg Seen as high as 51.7 and as low as 38
Default Differences between '14 and older Golf TDIs?

Hey guys, first off, I apologize if this has been asked on here before, if so could you please link it? I used the search function and found a thread for JSWs, but nothing for Golfs....

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for a MkVI TDI Golf and I've noticed a couple of things but if anyone out there can provide a more comprehensive list that would be great.

I've noticed first of that the new '14s are only 4-doors, and that the only optional package is the Moon & Nav package. How do these compare to the older, say, '12 TDI Golfs with the "Tech" package, looks like the new ones lack the availability of Dynaudio, something with the headlights, and maybe a few other options?

Any other mechanical differences, paint color differences etc? I'm trying to make up my mind to go whole hog and order a new one with the moonroof and NAV or save myself some money and get a low-mileage used one with the Tech Package since I'll most likely void the warrantee with a Malone tune anyway.

Any help at all is much appreciated, and jsut wanted to say that so far I've been loving this forum, everyone has been very welcoming and so helpful!
Old March 2nd, 2014, 18:13   #2
Kookookachew

Fuel Economy: ~45mpg Seen as high as 51.7 and as low as 38

Found this:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a...-checklist.htm

Seems pretty comprehensive so I think I've found all I need to know