2006 New Beetle TDI CV Joint

Sky King

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle DSG Trans.
I hope that is enough information. :) I had a problem putting the axle on the passenger side of the car, after, engine removal. It was toooooo long. After much fussing and complaining, I slid the boot back and 2 of the ball bearings had fallen off the fit (there are 3 total). I was able to get the bearings back on the fit but they seemed awfully loose to me. I have not had any issues with noise and it feels pretty smooth. I have 128k miles on the car. The joint had a good amount of grease. I am just concerned about the fit of the bearings, it seems pretty loose to me but...I don't work on these things.

I did many searchs on the forum and did not come up with anything. Any thoughts or advice ??

I'll probably be a few days before I reassemble everything. I have to figure out where all these parts go. It's been broke since March.... lifter failure.

Sky King

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle DSG Trans.
:) Not to worry, I think it's OK. I'm just going to get some compatable lube for the joint and use the proper strapping to hold the rubber boot in position.

Touchdowns everyone. LOL