Northern MI June GTG

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Jealous, guys and gals (especially the Sprockets). Hoping to make it to Fest. Will plan on seeing some of you there.

HAVE FUN!!! :) :) :)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Saturday forecast looks to be clear/sunny with high temp of 90 and 8-10 mph wind for much of the day.

Am looking forward to it!

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
OK, I'm in for Saturday and hoping Peter gets me the parts before I leave. Mark has offered to help me with the t-belt change. I'll be bringing the usual hand tools, jacks, fluids, etc. and am wondering if any specialty tools I need will be available. (Matt?) I can lift the motor with my jack but what about the cam wheel lock and whatever is needed to get the timing right?

Obviously, I didn't learn that much over three previous t-belts!

JohnD

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Well, we tried to learn ya! ;) I've got the tools Etc. and I'll bring. If it's going to be 90, I don't think it'll be the proper covvie weather tho, mebbe just a nice tdiclub T and shorts and show off the fish-belly white, Michigan tan legs :eek: :p

OK, I'm in for Saturday and hoping Peter gets me the parts before I leave. Mark has offered to help me with the t-belt change. I'll be bringing the usual hand tools, jacks, fluids, etc. and am wondering if any specialty tools I need will be available. (Matt?) I can lift the motor with my jack but what about the cam wheel lock and whatever is needed to get the timing right?

Obviously, I didn't learn that much over three previous t-belts!

JohnD

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
If it's going to be 90, I don't think it'll be the proper covvie weather tho, mebbe just a nice tdiclub T and shorts and show off the fish-belly white, Michigan tan legs :eek: :p
Thank you for the warning! :eek: I'll be sure to wear sunglasses to protect my eyes! :p

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
Hey Matt
Would you have a clean alh intake mine needs cleaning, thought maybe I could just swap one out

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Will there be anyone there doing any tuning, or that can do an immobilizer delete? 2003 jetta.
From the very first post of this thread:

An invitation has been extended to Mr. Rocketchip but I have not heard back yet. I have tools for 00-09 tuning through TD Tuning on hand otherwise.
So far no confirmation has been announced that Rocketchip will attend or not. However per the above Matt could do a TD Tuning program for you since you have a 2003.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Fair Wifey was wondering about foodstuffs and other wives/significant others in attendance. I know there is a BBQ available but is everyone planning to just bring for themselves or dishes to pass? I'll probably stop at the Cops and Donuts in Gaylord and pick up some sweet biscuits but hodos and munchies will prolly be needed by afternoon.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Mark - I'm bringing 2 bags of snack mix. Probably also bring some water. Have some flavored water as well - watermelon and black cherry flavors. Not sure if I need to bring so much to drink as Matt posted he'd supply a variety of beverages in addition to the BBQ.

Anyone interested in the flavored water? LMK by tomorrow (Friday) night so I can put it in the trunk.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
we are bringing dangerous chocolate brownies...not cannabis type but, still dangerously chocolatey.

TDI
But, but, but... how can chocolate be dangerous??? :eek::D

we are bringing dangerous chocolate brownies...not cannabis type but, still dangerously chocolatey.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Have a great time today, guys! Sad I'm going to miss it this time. :(

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 4dr ALH 5-speed
Have fun y'all! Memorial service for my Aunt today. I'm not sad I can't go... Just sad, and I can't go. Have fun!

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
Just got home. Had a great time! My favorite was watching Frank hammer mod the injection pump on his Jetta. I would have gotten a picture but it was over so quickly. Also there was the carnage in the transmission, and the carnage on the hoist.

Thanks for having us, Matt!

Here are a few pictures I took today:

There were revelations on the hoist:

Matt made a coolant hose coupler appear out of nowhere very quickly:

I think a timing belt may have gotten done:

And a manual gearbox was torn to bits:

There was also some good food and good conversation and I was only there from 1pm till 6pm so I didn't partake in the lake and I'll bet there was a camp fire. Great spot you have there, Matt!

TDI
Many, many thanks for a great day and location Matt & family! In spite of how I looked, I did enjoy and John even made it home after my help with his TB swap :eek:

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Thank you Matt for hosting such a nice GTG. It was nice to see some old and new faces and chatting with everyone. Frank brought some new go fast parts that I may have drooled on...oops.

The new shop is coming along and will be awesome when completed. Glad you finally have a lift, but hope I never have a need to use it, lol.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
My son & I thank you for your hospitality, the fun ride on Friday to dinner, and for the new Downpipe and stealth racepipe.

Your welding continues to be artwork and I hate that it has to hide under the car.

The Golf is starting to make all of the fun sounds a proper TDI should make and I am going to have to start making the car look like it should.

We had a great time. Thank you for sharing your Postcard with us for the weekend.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Thanks for having us as always. Crazy busy weekend. Glad we made it up there. Sorry we missed some of those cause we got there kinda late.

Luke and I broke in the garage as we slept in the loft, haha.

Good to see everybody, its been a while for a lot of you.

Finished my trans around 3pm Sunday, and made the long trek back to Kentucky.

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
Better late than never....big thanks to Mark-O for the knowledge and experience and to Matt for the shop and hospitality. Great day!