2002 bettle tranny slipping

r1d2h3

TDI
2002 bettle
My tranny has a pulsating slip at crusing speed.does not slip at a hard pull or hard acceleration any suggestions.thanks.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
You could do line pressure mod. 5-7 clicks seems to be the safe spot for adjustment. Might be able to get away with a replacement valve body, as they're known for wearing out.

r1d2h3

TDI
2002 bettle
Sorry it took so long to get back,my internet has been down.could you explain about your mod suggestion I really don't know what you are saying.thanks

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Here is the original tutorial:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=62154

Mind you, DO NOT do 30 clicks in. Long story short, it turns the pressure up too much and grenades the transmission. Doing 5-7 clicks raises the pressure a little, and can prolong the life of the transmission for a little while. However, your milage may vary.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Please explain what you mean by pulsating slip. If you mean the tendency to increase in rpms a couple of hundred then back down, then it is a common wear indication in the valve body of the transaxle.

Look up CoolAirVW's threads on the 01M transaxle. It will be good info and guide you on trouble shooting.

Cheers,

PH

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I was thinking the same thing if you have a manual then your clutch is likely slipping and needing replacement - more info is always helpful...

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah my bad, should have asked. Makes sense if it's an auto though.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Manual transmissions cannot slip. Metal gears either mesh or they don't. It is black and white.

A manual transmission's clutch can slip, as can any auto/dual clutch automatic (like the DSG).

So before we can go any further, the OP needs to clarify how many pedals his car has. It may not even BE a transmission (or clutch) issue at all. I really wish when people ask for help, they frame it more as a symptom standpoint, and give as much information as possible.

r1d2h3

TDI
2002 bettle
Please explain what you mean by pulsating slip. If you mean the tendency to increase in rpms a couple of hundred then back down, then it is a common wear indication in the valve body of the transaxle.

Look up CoolAirVW's threads on the 01M transaxle. It will be good info and guide you on trouble shooting.

Cheers,

PH
what you are saying is correct.

r1d2h3

TDI
2002 bettle
Here is the original tutorial:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=62154

Mind you, DO NOT do 30 clicks in. Long story short, it turns the pressure up too much and grenades the transmission. Doing 5-7 clicks raises the pressure a little, and can prolong the life of the transmission for a little while. However, your milage may vary.
thanks for the link,thats good info,thanks for your help.