Tuning Question

mrBR0ster

TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI
So I just upgraded to bigger nozzles and I also have a K&N drop in air filter on my car. I know I’m going to need a tune now and I have a vag-com KKL cable. I just need to know where I can get the tunes from as well as what software to use to upload it.

Thanks Guys!

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
1984 CJ w/ ALH and 1994 XJ w/ PD150/ALH hybrid
Get rid of the K&N, your MAF will thank you later.

Vag-Com is diagnostic and data logging. Sounds like you have a cheap eBay cable?

MPPS13, MPPS16, and KESS are ways to flash the tune to the ECU. You can also use these cables and software to pull your factory ECU file. MPPS is very cheap, and more often than not doesn't work. KESS works great, and is what I use.

WINOLS and VAGEDC Suite are ways to create the files.

I'm going to guess you're not familiar with what you're doing, so I suggest you pay someone to do a tune. There a cheaper methods and more expensive methods. You can go to some Facebook groups and find individuals who will tune your car for little money, since all youre changing with injectors is fuel tables, and maybe add a little boost if your turbo is factory. Or you can go with one of the big tuners, and either send them your ECU or rent/purchase their loader (which encrypts the files so you can't play with them) or go to an installer for a tune. If you go big, while I have no experience with their tunes, I'd go Malone.

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
What nozzles? Who did the work? Be careful. Nozzles can cause high egts if not done correct. Go back to stock intake filter.

TDI Greg

TDI
2002 Jetta ALH
I know you where asking about tuning, but GET RID OF THAT K&N. My car had one in it when I bought it. Long story short it cost me an engine rebuild. At 165000 miles I had a serious ridge in my cylinders.