Does Jetta mk6 gli air ride fit Jetta mk6 tdi?

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Volkswagen Jetta tdi 2014
Sorry for posting so much, but I have lots of questions and yes I do search but usually the stuff I want to know no one has apparently asked, so my question is does air ride made for a Jetta gli mk6 fit a Jetta mk6 tdi? I’m pretty sure it would, I found a air bag setup but all it says is 2010-2018 jetta gli, and no way to check for my vehicle specifically.

Graham Line

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Golf TDI 6M
The GLIs/later TDIs that I have owned had a ride that was significantly improved over the standard Jetta. Unless you need to vary the car's ride height for some reason or to compensate for heavy loads or trailering you won't improve the performance or comfort with airbags.

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
The GLIs/later TDIs that I have owned had a ride that was significantly improved over the standard Jetta. Unless you need to vary the car's ride height for some reason or to compensate for heavy loads or trailering you won't improve the performance or comfort with airbags.
I honestly don’t give a crap about comfort granted I don’t want a rough ride But I want air for the looks

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Keep in mind that earlier MkVI TDI had beam axle and only later switched to IRS. Where as all GLI are IRS. Depending on your air ride system this may make a difference.

Jason

PS: I've noticed people interested in air ride are more likely to slam it at shows or anywhere it can be publicly seen. It's more about the look than the ride or handling. Guy I worked with had his setup to drop on the ground when he shut the car off so it couldn't be towed or stolen (at least not easily)

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Keep in mind that earlier MkVI TDI had beam axle and only later switched to IRS. Where as all GLI are IRS. Depending on your air ride system this may make a difference.

Jason

PS: I've noticed people interested in air ride are more likely to slam it at shows or anywhere it can be publicly seen. It's more about the look than the ride or handling. Guy I worked with had his setup to drop on the ground when he shut the car off so it couldn't be towed or stolen (at least not easily)
Yeah do you know what year they switched to irs?

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Not for certain when, but easy to see standing behind the car. Pretty sure after the face lift, but may have even been a year or two before that.

Jason