Dealer service requirements for CPO TDI resale

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Hewlett VW. Bought several from Charles Maund in Austin but failed every time with Hewlett. The service so far has been excellent though I tell them exactly what I want done. They even know now to never touch my air filter any more.

shoestring

TDI
2014 Jetta
If you buy a CPO can you do your own oil changes and such or is it a requirement in the CPO warranty to have the work done by a trained VW mechanic while the warranty is valid or you void the warranty?

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT Pano (Sold), 2015 Golf S 4DR 6MT (Sold), 1999.5 Jetta TDI Tornado Red (Sold)
If you buy a CPO can you do your own oil changes and such or is it a requirement in the CPO warranty to have the work done by a trained VW mechanic while the warranty is valid or you void the warranty?
I've been doing all the maintenance and keeping record for our two CPO cars, I've only had to use the Dieselgate warranty not the CPO, and only once but I didn't have an issue. Granted it was unrelated to engine (battery replacement). But I asked both dealers we bought from at the time of purchase and they told me as long as I have receipts proving that I bought it and kept a record of date and mileage I would not have an issue. Just my experience!

shoestring

TDI
2014 Jetta
I've been doing all the maintenance and keeping record for our two CPO cars, I've only had to use the Dieselgate warranty not the CPO, and only once but I didn't have an issue. Granted it was unrelated to engine (battery replacement). But I asked both dealers we bought from at the time of purchase and they told me as long as I have receipts proving that I bought it and kept a record of date and mileage I would not have an issue. Just my experience!
That is what I figured but I have not been able to find any internet documentation on this. Looking at a Jetta and doing a bit of research before pulling the trigger!

Thanks