Possibly selling my 2003 ALH Wagon TDI

hoorders

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Hi guys,

Just putting the feeler out there to the members of this forum first before I post to Kijiji.

There is a very good chance that I will need to sell (very regrettably) my TDI wagon. My new job requires me to have a truck and I cannot keep 2 vehicles.

Some specs:

2003 ALH TDI
Dark blue colour - never been in an accient or painted
No rust anywhere except a tiny bit (3inches)of surface rust just behind the drivers side wheel. Its down low just behind the mud flap.
201,000kms
Completely stock
Timing belt done at 190K
Front end work - springs, ball joints, etc ($1000 worth) done at 180K
New fuel sending unit - done at 180K
Oil/filter changed every 10K
Tan leather in perfect condition
Interior - excellent including functioning center console
Frost Heater
All power options - and all fully functional
Aluminum skid plate - not installed but will come with the car
2 sets of factory vw matts - winter and summer
Roof rack
Never had an engine light come on and no codes
Auto tranny - Ya, ya I know..the general feeling toward the 01M - However this tranny has never shown any problems.

All service has been done by Perjad at Precision Tuning and I have the receipts for the work done.

This is a VERY nice car and has been taken care of....I hate to see it go.

I would like $7500 for it.

Please don't lynch me if im way out of line with my price but I think im in the ball park.

If anyone is interested, I can send pics. Just dont have any pics right this second(they are at home)

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Im surious if the Timing belt was done late, or way early? the service on these cars is 160,000 kms

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
An opinion, and no lynchings.....5000 if it was a manual might be ok, IMO you are over priced. It's an 11 year old car....good luck, and I hope it all works out!

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
An opinion, and no lynchings.....5000 if it was a manual might be ok, IMO you are over priced. It's an 11 year old car....good luck, and I hope it all works out!

oh wow...I just noticed that haha. I thought it was manual so it wasn't such a bad price if it's mint.

Automatic? ouch...

hoorders

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Im surious if the Timing belt was done late, or way early? the service on these cars is 160,000 kms
I believe the service for the first timing belt change on these cars was 100K. ( I could be wrong though) Then with the new upgraded timing belt the service goes to 160K. I bought the car with 120K and the previous owner said he had just done it..he had no receipts though. I had it in for service at Precision Tuning and just figured I may as well do it for my piece of mind.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I believe the service for the first timing belt change on these cars was 100K. ( I could be wrong though)
First timing belt change was due at 160K kilometers or 100K miles per Bentley.

I paid 7500 for our 5 speed '03 wagon with 150K 4 years ago - same price for an auto today seems a bit steep.

Simon

Last edited:

e300d

Veteran Member
TDI
2xBEW wagon 1xALH wagon..both gone...no more diesel for now..have few Mercedes CDIs in family..but now its a Miata and Suburban for me lol...miss the TDI game
The prices are crazy for wagons.

Co worker bought 03 220000 km for 6400 + tax..leathers and recent TB change.

But...I found a 03 with 267K and got it for 2400 no leather and needs TB badly..so deals can be found...

both wagons..both ALH..

hoorders

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
The prices are crazy for wagons.

Co worker bought 03 220000 km for 6400 + tax..leathers and recent TB change.

But...I found a 03 with 267K and got it for 2400 no leather and needs TB badly..so deals can be found...

both wagons..both ALH..

Yes, prices all over the place for the TDI's - sedans and wagons. Althougfh there seem to be very few ALH TDI wagons available.
I will post on kijiji and am certainly flexible on price.

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
I've seen the car, it's a good clean solid car. The auto is still young and with a few tweaks from someone who knows them *wink*, it would have no problem living a very long life even with mods. This isn't a 'kijiji car', it's a car with a known tdiclub owner who cares for it properly(not nickle and diming it to death). The value is what a buyer wants to pay for a good car.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
You always have to ask yourself, would I by the car I'm selling at my asking price?

So, would ya hoorders?

hoorders

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
You always have to ask yourself, would I by the car I'm selling at my asking price?

So, would ya hoorders?
If I was in the market for a TDI ALH wagon...I would absolutely by my car. And I'm happy for a new buyer to take it to their mechanic to look it over.