MK6 276mm to 282mm rear rotor/pads help

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
Hi,

I got a deal on some Endless, rear pads. I have 2012 Golf TDI with 272mm rotor and calipers. It looks like the Endless rear pads I picked up, are for the 2010 GTI and MK5 GTI/GLIs, with the 283mm rotors.

The all important question, in order to make these brake pads work. Will my rear calipers mount up to the 2010 GTI (also MK5 GTI/GLI) carriers? Or, I need to swap out the entire assembly?

Thanks,

Ron

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
For anyone looking to do this, you just need the caliper brackets for the rear. The bosch caliper just barely clears the TRW caliper bracket! I have the endless front and rear pads, and they bite hard. No more spongey feel, and I really cannot believe they difference a real good pad, makes! Super happy with the pads, and night and day difference from the Brembo pads.

I will be upgrading the front rotors, to 312mm as waiting for the calipers to get powder coated. And should have them back in a few weeks. Curious to see if any further noticeable braking improvement when moving from 288mm to 312mm.

I also thought I would try the Tyrol sport brake stiffening kit, but don’t think I’ll need to now, as the brakes don’t feel anywhere near as spongy as previous pads(even with brake fluid flush).

Cheers,

Ron

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Ron,
You'll feel the an immediate response difference with the bigger fronts. I found that upgrading
fronts AND rears made a nice improvement in overall braking and handling.
I did the fronts first for a marked improvement, doing the rears helped balance
the braking bias for a flatter body response, well worth doing both IMO.
It IS faster into the corners.

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
Ron,
You'll feel the an immediate response difference with the bigger fronts. I found that upgrading
fronts AND rears made a nice improvement in overall braking and handling.
I did the fronts first for a marked improvement, doing the rears helped balance
the braking bias for a flatter body response, well worth doing both IMO.
It IS faster into the corners.
Thanks for the feedback, as I’m eager to test. I just changed the fronts, and with just the endless pads, and they were night and day difference. Changed the rears, as my old ones were badly worn, and the pedal feel and brakes are amazing!

I’m very curious to see if I can notice a difference with the larger front rotors, as can the breaking get any better! I don’t track the car, but tempted to start :)

Cheers,

Ron