oil dipstick

santacll

Veteran Member
TDI
15Jetta_HL, 14_GSW_WBurg
another dumb question, on this car the dipstick tube is yellow but the dipstick head is orange. i think it has the wrong dipstick since the metal stick is quite narrow and the oil level is showing above the full line. could some one confirm the colour of your dipstick and tube?

thanks

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There is a part number on each. They use both orange and yellow, orange from the factory but some of the replacements are yellow. No way to tell without the part number.

santacll

Veteran Member
TDI
15Jetta_HL, 14_GSW_WBurg
I thought i'd ask the question, my next step is to drain the oil and check the volume, the PO took the car to a quicky oil change place, and its possible they just threw the normal oil fill for a gasser, not realizing the passat tdi only get about 3.8 l on a change

Tom in PT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat sedan - SOLD; 2013 Passat DSG; both purchased new
"Quicky oil change" places rarely if ever would have the correct VW specified 505.01 oil for this car in 5W-40 wt, which is what should be used. If I were you I would drain what is in there and put in the correct oil, in the correct amount taking into account arafalla's post.

santacll

Veteran Member
TDI
15Jetta_HL, 14_GSW_WBurg
"Quicky oil change" places rarely if ever would have the correct VW specified 505.01 oil for this car in 5W-40 wt, which is what should be used. If I were you I would drain what is in there and put in the correct oil, in the correct amount taking into account arafalla's post.

still has the BSM, i can hear it. the local quicky oil change is using 5w40 Valvoline ...