? ? ⚡ Wiring Info Needed - both Audio & Fuses for add-ons ? ⚡

Gags730

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium
? ? ⚡ Wiring Info Needed - both Audio & Fuses for add-ons ? ⚡

Hey guys, first off thanks for reading.
Okay let me get to it...

I want to know if anyone help me out with the Audio Wiring Info for a 2012 TDI Premium w/ Fender audio❓
(there is a link for Wiring in Forum at https://pdf.yt/d/lj8_PKwklHgcZL9h on page http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=428511 *It Will NOT Load*)

1) Need to know all wiring info for Speakers, Constant 12 VDC , Accessory 12VDC, and Remote lead for Amp Turn On ❓

2) Also need info on general wiring in the Fuse Box or what people are using for ‘Accessory Power’ when adding things to the car? I am adding USB Charging Ports and a Power Inverter as I need 110V Outlets. I would like to know info on the fuse panel on what people are tapping so I can add in fused circuits.
In addition, I feel my best bet is adding a Power line from the battery to a fused power distribution block for the Inverter (will isolate with a DPST switch) and also for powering some of the USB Ports. I already have to run Power to the Trunk for the Amplifier. As far as the other items I am adding like Headrest monitors I still need to wire so they only powered when the car is on. I do not know how people are doing this with the car and if they have to end up wiring in relays?
It is a lot easier to ask you guys then to F^ck it up if you know what I mean…

Having a hell of a time getting the ‘Correct’ wiring info on this car, and the radio wiring seems especially difficult because it has that Fender Package.

ANY HELP - IDEAS, or COMMENTS is Greatly Appreciated and Welcomed!!!

Once again if anyone has images, schematics or any other detailed info on the wiring for the Radio or other stuff like fuse box or even adding a Reverse Camera… I am open to any tips, tricks or things to avoid.

THANK YOU KINDLY!!!!
Gags730

--------------------------
Here is a full list of what is going in if i dont screw it up!
Head Unit (Chinese Double DIN Android Unit)
Reverse Camera (Trunk Latch Camera)
Headrest replacements w/ 7" Monitor
Amplifier and 2x 12" Kicker Subs
Front Camera Recorder (This is Simple install)
Power Inverter w/ x2 110V Outlets
2x USB A (higher powered like 18W) and 2x USB-C Charging Ports - Custom Panel Mounted and console switch add-on

Last edited:

Gags730

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium
I can not find a 'brand name' on it, I should search on AliExpress or something.
The unit I ordered came with 2 different harnesses.
My actual listing is no longer up as I ordered it over 1 month ago and with the pandemic it got delayed. They are saying I should have the unit on 5/19 now.
This unit is the same as mine but they vary features and stuff but the unit looks exactly the same.

Here is the link on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Double-Android-Stereo-Navigation-Bluetooth/dp/B085BZJD1S/

on the left side select the image with all the connectors and stuff it shows the harnesses and the canbus box etc.

It appears with these aftermarket Chinese units that you have to cut the Red wire in one of the harnesses or you get a battery drain. It would be great to get an install manual but when you search models they list on Amazon good luck they seem to make them up for each seller.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Your 1st link for the wiring didn't work.
If it works for you then print the page.
Hopefully it will have the info you need.

The harness does look like it may plug into the VW harness and the speakers should work.

Haven't looked in my 2014 Jetta but my old 2003 had power studs on the bottom of the relay panel.
I found the always hot and power in run (not crank) points.
You could also probe the VW radio harness for the 2 power points and ground.

Gags730

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium
The link from the forum with the wiring does NOT work. I stated that at the end of the sentence... That is my issue I can not find decent info or correct info on wiring with VW.

I have yet to find a wiring diagram for my car still. As far as car manufacturers
VW is horrible when it comes to finding info about the stereo wiring. Horrible. Even just finding fuse info is a pain in the ass.

What is the deal with this? Why are they so secretive about this info, it really sucks for the average person who just wants some info on the car they own... It really is aggrevating

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
I don't have '15, but Google has a number of results like https://fusesdiagram.com/volkswagen/fuses-and-relay-volkswagen-jetta-6.html don't know if that's helpful or not.
Thanks.
That is useful** but I always wonder if they are 100% accurate for USA / N. American market cars.
Would love to find one from VWoA for USA Jetta.
Just my luck the circuit I have an issue with will be one that is fused differently in our market. :(

**Edit
Actually, upon a closer look the in cabin panel in that link bears little resemblance to the one in the '15 TDI I'm looking at. The large & small fuse locations are reversed (I don't think I'm holding it upside down ;)).
There are apparently two versions (at least) with different diagrams for production up through June '14 (would a '15 have been in production then? Doubtful) and July '14- July '15 production. If anyone has a copy of fuse/relay map for that from VW or alldata etc. I'd be happy to be able to get a copy.

Last edited:

Lostwithfuses

TDI
2015 VW Jetta tdi
Thanks.
That is useful** but I always wonder if they are 100% accurate for USA / N. American market cars.
Would love to find one from VWoA for USA Jetta.
Just my luck the circuit I have an issue with will be one that is fused differently in our market. :(

**Edit
Actually, upon a closer look the in cabin panel in that link bears little resemblance to the one in the '15 TDI I'm looking at. The large & small fuse locations are reversed (I don't think I'm holding it upside down ;)).
There are apparently two versions (at least) with different diagrams for production up through June '14 (would a '15 have been in production then? Doubtful) and July '14- July '15 production. If anyone has a copy of fuse/relay map for that from VW or alldata etc. I'd be happy to be able to get a copy.
Iam having the same problem. The diagram doesn’t look at all the same.Did you figure it out?
I’m lost…