DRVOLKS.com entered in NH Lemon race

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
It looks like I will be the only TDI beetle there for Oct 21-23 race.
here is a email I sent out the group that drove it at Walkin Glen and Lime Rock if they do not take the seats I will talk with any one in the group on it.
You will need to have raced in open wheel to wheel racing and have some real time under our belt.

Hello everyone I am glade to tell you I will be racing the updated DRVOLKS TDI Beetle now called the Boston Smoker we will be smoking brisket and pork belly in a smoker on the back of the car Yum Yum!!
I have updated the frontend with a more lower cost strut and coil over package and added adjustable front and rear sway bar kit . Installed the stock size turbo most of you have driven and tuned it to really pull of those tight turns.
Updated the radios with Nascar setup and added a nice 30qt cool suit cooler if needed. I will be testing at Thompson next month too. Last test day at Thompson we got it down to 1.34 with the sway bar arms locking the suspension in every turn fixed that!! I think the car will pass the $500 Chump rule and make it in to Lemon without any added laps that’s the plan
I will be driving with my brother Rich and will be testing on Friday there too.
My plan is to sell 2 seats for Saturday and Sunday and time on Friday to test.
I plan to get a garage for all three days.
Friday test is open for $75 per driver
And two days 22-23 is $700 for both days per seat 1 hr and 30 min per day and you will help with pit stops and fueling .
If you crash it you pay to fix it as we all now but you guys have skill so small stuff I will take care of. Let me know I will take PayPal at my site www.DRVOLKS.com must be paid up front.
As some of you know my brother Rick has owned a SK Modified for many years and has driving and build circle cars for over 40 years so he has some good skill sets to learn from plus he builds killer smokers too he is a great cook too.
Let me know.
Bob Mann
781-588-3968

CNGVW

TDI
Hello we did have a great day at Thompson Speedway testing.
Found the sweet spot on chassis setup. We have one more seat to fill .
We where hoping to do one more test day but may just wait till Friday at NH to fine tune it.
Next year we may do more Chump and Lemon races across the USA .
Next years build will be upgrade this one, or a new build Beetle or Golf
A 2009 CR TDI with a DSG and push button shiftier on wheel .

CNGVW

TDI
The push is on to load up and finish up any loose ends. You can follow the only TDICLUB trusted TDI Mechanic road racer in the USA on Race Monitor phone AAP under DRVOLKS Racing.
You can view our time all three days.
10/21 is a test and tune day from 9 am to 5 pm and car inspection
10/22 is 7 hr race 10 am to 5 pm
10/23 is 7 hr race 9 am to 4:30 pm

We have some really good drivers signed up 2 live close to the track and race there weekly one has over 1000 lap!! .
To join Lemon we needed to have a theme so I build a smoker that seats on the tail lid and will heat up some smoked ribs and brisket this weekend when we race.
So we call it the Boston Smoker.

There are a bunch of fun things going on at the track that weekend to https://www.eeuroparts.com/blog/7365/four-saab-teams-getting-ready-2016-lemons-season-finale-weekend/

Last edited:

CNGVW

TDI
OK DRVOLKS TDI can run with the big boys
Friday test day rain was fast ,track was oily many many spins for ever one.
Saturday we started in 60th when the flag dropped and in few laps My brother Rich was in 5th and set a time of 1.31 lap times. He stayed in the 4-6 spot for most of his run 1.45 min.
At the end of his run we blow the rubber hose apart from the turbo to intercoller . We fix it and sent out Tom with a made up fix it had split down the middle. it blow off the first lap came and and wired it down and tighten it down . It lasted all day then the rain came 4 inches of it for the day. Latter in the day we broke the dog bone bolt and had to drill it out and added a tie-down for my run .
I will post Saturdays run latter.
Here is some in https://youtu.be/lt1EwQXxWugcar vid

Last edited: