Princess Auto

HossMan

TDI
2001 jetta
The P.A. sale catalogue has 24" reach hose clamp pliers on sale for $24.99(page 15). These would be handy for clamps on our intake systems. Vacuum pumps are on the last page for $24.44 as well. Just in case someone is looking.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
You need a piece of wood shaped just so to go with the PA hose clamp pliers, because they don't open wide enough to re-compress a fully released intake clamp. Takes 5 minutes to make with a router, let me know if you want one.

Simon

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Yikes, thats what I thought vice grips were for.....so many ways to skin a cat.....and yet, we all end up with the same result if we are careful....

Craig

Simon, we need a day of tb change, or clutch change to exchange stories......I think it would be fun....I look forward to meeting you.

Last edited:

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
craig01b said:
Simon, we need a day of tb change, or clutch change to exchange stories......I think it would be fun....I look forward to meeting you.
Indeed... I always enjoy stories while wrenching.

My PP520s arrived today :) My timesheet for May looks good, I can afford a day off - I think I'll let temptation get the best of me and install them tomorrow...

Simon

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
P2B, got any pics ?? I just picked up the pliers.

MacGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta, black
I bought these pliers last time they were on sale, used them this week removing my blowed up turbo.
Work excellent.
Another salute to PA, I needed a 12mm 12 point socket for the turbo to manifold bolts.
Canadian Tire, Wal Mart, 2 local fastener places...nope.
Local Mac Dealer...backordered, and almost $20:eek:
Princess Auto...in stock $1.89:D thank you Taiwan:p

Edit: P2B, I released my clamps onto a scrap of ABS pipe (2"?) I had lying around.

Last edited:

VDubbing

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Galactic Blue
I looked at the pliars this AM. I wasnt impressed. The opening looks very wide. Im going to geta set somewhere else. I did score some stuff to polish my rims, some anti seize and a few other goodies. No hose clamp pliars though.