Golf MK4 AXR PD100 changing turbo & problems

raja52

TDI
Golf MK4 1.9 TDI AXR
Hi, everyone. Sorry for my poor english. I have a Golf MK4 AXR PD100. My stock turbo was KKK KP39. Turbo blown out. I changed the turbo GT1749VA hybrit. Turbo has 52 mm intake pal. I update the software.Set the 1.8 bar. No boost coming. I set the actuator. Boost come but third, fourth and fifth gear 2k rpm my car go to limp mode. 2.5k rpm and upper rpms there is no problem. Checked N75, checked actuator, checked all vacuum lines for leaks. KKK KP39's actuator and GT1749VA actuator can it be different strength? These actuators length is different. Thx for the answers.

nikolay_ss

TDI
1.9TDI ALH
You will blow GT1749VA with 1.8bar even that it's a hybrid, I don't think this is a safe pressure. It goes to limp mode, because your software is not good and still got some limiters which are pushing the car to limp mode. It will be good to put some logs to see the behavior of the turbo.

jwrb

TDI
Caddy MK2 ALH, Cordoba Vario ASV, Cordoba Vario Cupra 1.9 High Power Build
GT1749VA Hybrid will make it similar to a GT1749VB or better. So 1.8 bar is aboslutely fine.
I have tuned 1.8bar on many GT1749VB and usually have no issues.

I would see what fault codes are logged when your car goes into limp mode.
Which MAP sensor do you currently have installed? Your car would have come with a 2.5 Bar sensor, but really you need a 3bar sensor for your setup, and software will need to be adjusted for this change also.

Do not worry so much about actuator and mechanicalm it is probably fine. First make sure software is set correctly for the turbo, fuel, sensors and SVBL etc.... After this is setup basic, you may then make changes mechanically to fine tune and make car work perfect :)

raja52

TDI
Golf MK4 1.9 TDI AXR
GT1749VA Hybrid will make it similar to a GT1749VB or better. So 1.8 bar is aboslutely fine.
I have tuned 1.8bar on many GT1749VB and usually have no issues.

I would see what fault codes are logged when your car goes into limp mode.
Which MAP sensor do you currently have installed? Your car would have come with a 2.5 Bar sensor, but really you need a 3bar sensor for your setup, and software will need to be adjusted for this change also.

Do not worry so much about actuator and mechanicalm it is probably fine. First make sure software is set correctly for the turbo, fuel, sensors and SVBL etc.... After this is setup basic, you may then make changes mechanically to fine tune and make car work perfect :)
Hi, fault code is 17964/ P1156 underboost. My map sensor 038 906 051 C.

jwrb

TDI
Caddy MK2 ALH, Cordoba Vario ASV, Cordoba Vario Cupra 1.9 High Power Build
Hi, fault code is 17964/ P1156 underboost. My map sensor 038 906 051 C.
Did you fix this issue? Have you tried rescaling the MAP sensor value.
Share BIN of the tune I am happy to look at it for you :)