Back again after 4.5 years... 98 still going.

JohnTso

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Desert Jetta & 2015 Passat SEL
It's hard to believe that I have been here for 4.5 years... time flies. I guess it's a testament to my A3 Jetta not having any problems in all this time.

About my Jetta - it has 139,000 on the odometer and she's still running strong. Just typical maintenace and a cleaning of the exhaust manifold at 100k. However, she's starting to show her age and time has taken it's toll.

Last edited:

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
You are very quiet (i.e. so many posts you are still a newbie). 'Tis a good thing that you haven't had much trouble. It speaks well of your care of the vehicle and driving. Here's to many more years: as many as you choose to have.

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, 2014 Beetle TDI, 1981 Rabbit Diesel
I hear you about how cars start to show their age. My Golf just turned over 200K miles. I've been treating it as good as I can since it was new. I keep it clean and well maintained. And yet, things still start to break and fail. I guess that's how the car companies keep us buying new cars.

JohnTso

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Desert Jetta & 2015 Passat SEL
Too funny guys.:D Actually my Jetta has been pretty darn good the last 5 years. Had a rocky start though. In the first 50K it blew a turbo, but that was warranty. All the rubber door strip fell of twice... I even call the product VP of Volkswagen America. She said that haven't heard of the problem... yah right! And all of the door regulators have failed at least once. Right front wheel spindle had to be replace, but I think the dealership screwed up that one when they did a break job. Glow plugs replaced one and I'm on my fourth windshield and this one is cracked. I swear that meteors fall from the sky and target my Jetta. Lastly, I drove my ATV into the right front passenger door... don't ask!

Anyway, I bought this new for $17,000.00 out the door. It's has 140K on the odo and runs real strong. It just won't die. Oh, I finally replace the right front headlight assembly after 2 years of driving around with it half full of water - doesn't get drive much at night. I was contemplating putting goldfish in there, but I found a new one for $39.00 shipped. It was a simple job and really improved the looks of the car.

I suppose you could say I'm attached to it after all these years.