Injector clues?

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Hi, I read the TDIFAQ and searched posts, but I'm not getting much satisfaction this morning.

Could a guru out there please explain the difference in injector part number for a simpleton like me? I'm seeing part numbers corresponding to the ones in the TDIFAQ as being applicable to A4-chassis cars only when I search for the part numbers on vwparts.com. A different part number comes up for the B4 Passat, which is 028130201Q. According to the TDIFAQ, this is (excluding the suffix) a 110 hp injector. What gives?

This question is driven by a GB starting up right now for injectors (parts 028130202P and 028130202Q). It isn't clear if these will fit 1Z/AHU engines.

Thanks!

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Injectors are mechanically interchangeable between 1Z, AHU, and ALH engines. (For that matter, they're also interchangeable between all of these and also the 5 cylinder distributor-pump TDI used in the Eurovan in Europe.)

There are differences in opening pressures between the injectors that came standard on these engines, but that makes little difference to how the engine runs as long as all four are the SAME. Obviously there are also differences in orifice size, but that's the whole point ... ! ! !