FS: 2003 GOLF TDI - Ypsilanti MI. $5500 obo

SOLD: 2003 GOLF TDI - Ypsilanti MI. $5500 obo

I'm posting this for a friend. He's a good guy and I can vouch for him (whatever that's worth :D). I don't think I'm breaking any rules, but please correct me if I am and I'll fix it...
Taken from his Craigslist ad: (some pics are in his ad on craigslist)
http://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/2476455504.html

2003 VW Golf TDI

Runs on biodiesel available at Meijer or regular diesel.

5 Speed manual

GTI leather seats,
Projector headlights
New tires this winter
ABS, Air Blows Cold, CD/Cassette,
Side Air bags

Blue book is over $6000,

http://www.kbb.com/volkswagen/golf/...onditions=&options=126875|true&mileage=176000

175000 miles. Diesel engines last over 300000 if maintained properly.
Salvage Title, but I've personally put 75000 miles on it and not had any problems.

$5500 obo

He said it could use some new struts, and an antenna :D..

If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to play middle-man, or of course just contact Jason yourself.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Car needs some picklecaps & beauty rings.. and it'll look like this..

2003 (power windows!) GL 2 door Golf. indigo blue.. drool.

everyone is going to want to know when and who did the timing belt last.

great question on the timing belt. I sent him a txt message on the timing belt, waiting to hear back. I'll post up the answer when I find out!

The belt was done at 105k with a 100k belt. I asked him if the water pump was done at the same time, he's going to check his records. (I'd imagine the water pump was done at the same time though). But I should find out for sure most likely tonight.

In what condition is the paint? Showroom, fading, any peeling clearcoat?
Definitely not showroom, but I don't think there was any noticeable fading or peeling of clearcoat. From what I remember (i never went over it with a fine tooth comb) it was in really good, to great shape for being a 2003.

I'm not sure why the car has a salvage title, so I do not know if it was hit and was fixed/resprayed, or maybe it has a salvage title if the engine blew and the ins co. didn't want to fix it?? not sure on that one..

I DO know the car looks good from a few feet away! No noticeable dents/dings/scratches etc.