Video: CR140 2.5 Straight Pipe

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
well, is it not working? cause i have had alot of people begging me to take video and i get it up and i feel like it was waste of time..

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
Little bit like a big v8, but muted. I like it, it's just hard to know when I never heard the original. I assume it was very quiet.

Charrigan

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
it sounds nothing like a v8 or wrx.... it sounds almost identical to a FSI 2.0t with a catless downpipe and exhaust.

JungleDeath

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf_11 JSW
it sounds nothing like a v8 or wrx.... it sounds almost identical to a FSI 2.0t with a catless downpipe and exhaust.
I have to agree. Very similar to 2.0t w/ stage 1-2 and exhaust mods.

S4 V8's sound quite different.

My car will sound like yours one day.....one day. Thanks for your efforts to keep this documented. I also am curious about 1) fuel economy, and 2) your clutch.

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi

Personally I think it sounds like a tdi with a cat back straight pipe lol :D

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
both links are the same vid.
what was your mpg before? i want to know if it is just for sound or is there other gains.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Before driving the same normal routine i was getting
34 city/ 42 highway on D2

Now on B100 and driving the same normal routine i am getting
38.1 city/ 51 highway

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
and for all the peeps pm me saying i am destroying the earth for modding my car the way i did.. i look at it this way i drive 180ish miles a day for work
so...
180 x 5 = 21.42 gallons of diesel a week
now...
i use 17 gallons of B100 a week roughly...

So in conclusion i am taking away from the use of fossil fuels in the earth aswell i am recycling used oil that would more then likely be feed for animals or thrown on the ground....and if you say i am causing more air pollution tell me this how much pollution is made burning that almost 5 gallons of diesel i didnt used.....>>

Last edited:

Charrigan

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
There are much bigger fish to fry in terms of pollution.

An emissions modified cr is well below 1% of the tdi's on the road.

Do you plan on running w/m? Or are you just pushing the stock turbo till it blows and then upgrade?

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
im using malone tuning and gtb2260vk is in the process of getting put on in a few weeks as soon as the parts show up.... :) aiming for 300hp reliable daily...

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
There are much bigger fish to fry in terms of pollution.
An emissions modified cr is well below 1% of the tdi's on the road.
Do you plan on running w/m? Or are you just pushing the stock turbo till it blows and then upgrade?
not as of yet.. the main reason i went this route was to run my own home brew b100.... i already logged 14k miles on b100 thus far and thats a huge savings in its own.. i was afraid the dpf would clog on b100 in no time...
14k/((38+51)/2)=315 gallons
if i was to buy all that at the pump it cost me roughly...
$1,258

to make that 315 gallons costs me about 37 cents a gallon to process...
$0.37 x 315=$116.55

thus far my savings have been..

1258-117=$1141

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
when i first upgraded everything within days my DMF started to go to crap.. so i took it in to see if they dealership would spot me a new one even though i had upgrades.. just told them i had upgraded my exhuast for sound... so they replaced the clutch and DMF and i havent had an issue since.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
and for all the peeps pm me saying i am destroying the earth for modding my car the way i did.. i look at it this way i drive 180ish miles a day for work
so...
180 x 5 = 21.42 gallons of diesel a week
now...
i use 17 gallons of B100 a week roughly...

So in conclusion i am taking away from the use of fossil fuels in the earth aswell i am recycling used oil that would more then likely be feed for animals or thrown on the ground....and if you say i am causing more air pollution tell me this how much pollution is made burning that almost 5 gallons of diesel i didnt used.....>>

No way, you getting hassled on pm's over that?!

I didn't know we had prius drivers on here :D

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Cow farts, now that is way more damaging than all the cars in the world. Methane is 20 times worse than co2 or it might even be 23 times worse. People talking garbage can't be helping either lol

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Ya, the car runs awesome.. just my 2 cents going from dpf delete with stock rear section from flapper back to straight pipe was nice little gain on its own.. felt like a chip upgrade the day i drove it home.. ill send you dyno numbers but both hp and torque both went up go to straight pipe...

pawel

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 TDI 6 MT, Platinum Gray Metallic, Anthracite Interior
stork, you have stage 2 from malone with dpf / egr delete? where did you get the whole exhaust?
and what's your bio set up? i'm really considering going your route but want to do my research. I have to keep the down time on my car as little as possible.