You now have options to repair or replace your BEW PD Lift Pump

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I would be happier with the stiff hose. Only bought one pump and still have one of the provided clamps unused. Cheap mail will do too.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
So everyone who bought one of these pumps say a few weeks ago will need this new hose? If so, please send me one. No hurry, I'm keeping the pump as an extra.

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
So everyone who bought one of these pumps say a few weeks ago will need this new hose? If so, please send me one. No hurry, I'm keeping the pump as an extra.
David your OK. The longer hose only applies to the replacement motors not the new complete module like you bought. Your good to go! ;)

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=225672 has plenty of pictures, if you wade through it.
The originals have a B at the end of the part number, are tan colored (under the deposits) all over, and has no external hose down the outside of the canister.

The only one available for years has been the one with no suffix on the part number (the part number is usually ground off before selling anyway), has a blue/grey top, white canister and has an external hose down the outside of the canister.
My tandem pump was replaced at 46,000 miles by the VW dealer under warranty. It must be a VW part because the dealer kept my car for a week trying to locate a replacement pump. I was told they found one at a dealer in Texas and it was sent to the dealer that had my car. I just took a look at mine (flipped up the seat bottom and removed the cover plate). The pump has a grey plastic body (like the replacement pumps from the vendors), but it has plainly on it the VW and Audi logos (there is a sizeable hump in the plastic and the logos are on the raised part). The part number is on the pump and is the six digit number (starts with 1J0, I believe), but with no letter sufix at the end of the number. "VDO" is on it too. I suspect that this is the same pump the vendors sell, because I have a replacement one in my trunk, and it looks like the VW and audi logos are ground off, as is the part number.

--Nate

Last edited:

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I got my replacement hose, but will wait until the spring to change it (hope the temporary holds) as it is way to cold for me to work with frigid diesel.

Thank you Mike!

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
All I hear is the BEW lift pumps failing. Are there BRM pumps failing? I don't have any issues, just trying to be prepared.

Tony

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
It seems the later pumps, used in the BRM and later are more reliable. I have yet had to replace one. Did read of one guy that found a bad fuel pump relay on his car.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
If a BRM pump did fail, would this pump replacement work?

Thanks Dan!

Tony

Last edited:

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
No, the wiring is different for the fuel level sender, If I recall correctly it has 3 wires for the sender on the BRM.

There may be other reasons as well. I have not had a BRM assembly out, yet.

For that reason I don't know if the motor/pump unit can be installed in the BRM assembly either.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Just bought one for my ALH as an insurance policy. I will keep it in the car and when the one in there fails, I will install this one.

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
Just bought one for my ALH as an insurance policy. I will keep it in the car and when the one in there fails, I will install this one.
Good call. Replacing the whole module is very easy as long as you don't have a full tank of fuel.

Replacing the motor is a different story! ;) Easier done with two people and is a bit messy!