92 mk2 jetta TDI swap, help, suggestions?

unseenworld

TDI
n/a
hello all,
I have decided to install a TDI into my 92 jetta. I started doing some research and talking to some people and here is what I have come to.
I need:
-motor
-ecu
-wiring harness
-cluster
I was told the original manual transmission will bolt up. From what I hear and can read the best TDI to use would be a MK4. I plan to do upgrades to the motor and car down the road i.e. exhaust, chip and what not. For right now, I just want to get the motor in the car. Also I was thinking about eventually putting a propane shot on the TDI down the road. IF anyone would like to put in a certain direction or just give me any kind of advice it would be highly appreciated! Thanks ahead.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
keep reading. Look at the threads in my sig

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
MK2 and MK3 are more easily interchangeable. MK4 is more complicated but, people have done it several time.

I have a 92 Jetta with a 98 TDI in it, I also owned one several years ago. It's very fun to drive, car is so light the engine feels like a rocket.

As for the transmission, you should use the TDI one and convert it to hydrolic instead of cable. More work but, if you're boosting it, the stock transmission might make some pieces.