PayPal goes International

M

mickey

Actually, you can set up your own account and just e-mail him money. Then he'll HAVE to start an account in order to collect it! HA!!! All you need is his e-mail address.

-mickey

boyelectric

Veteran Member
Hahahahahaha! We seem to be able to send Fred MONEY!!! Whether or not he wants it! I just sent him a test dollar to add to the Andrew Jackson I gave him when he came down to our chipping party on Nov 4th..

When you send someone who is not registered with PayPal money, you get the following response:

Recipient:
fred@abahn.bc.ca

Recipient Status:
This recipient is not yet registered or verified. He or she will receive the money or money request after opening an account with this email address. We cannot provide last name verification for email addresses that are not registered with Paypal.

Amount:
$1.00

I interpret this as a positive response. It shouldn't be long until he has to sign up for a free account and receive our donations.

Bwahahaha!
-a-

boyelectric

Veteran Member
Yahoo! Fred has just accepted the donation from PayPal.com in his name.

This means that it is now open season for all of us to donate to him this way! Use the address for him at the tdiclub.com domain. Not only can you donate to him, but you can also sign up and use him as a referral and generate a few more $$ to him as a bonus.

Thanks Fred!

[This message has been edited by boyelectric (edited November 17, 2000).]

boyelectric

Veteran Member
Has everyone sent in their 2002 contributions to this wonderful site?? I recommend at least $20/year.

Thanks again Fred!!!

BTW, I sent mine to fred@tdiclub.com from my PayPal account.

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: boyelectric ]</p>

justme

Veteran Member
Paypal has always given me the heebie jeebies, and then I read this.

Maybe better to send a check directly...

I guess we would email Fred for his address?

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Originally posted by justme:
Paypal has always given me the heebie jeebies, and then I read this.

Maybe better to send a check directly...

I guess we would email Fred for his address?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And a big reason why i leave a zero balance in the account -

will have to check with the Accountant (S.O.) about balance status but 2002 dues are long over due!