2012 VW Passat TDI SE fuel cover to tank stuck

TDI_johnd

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SE/NAV
I am able to take the fuel cap off, but when I went to insert the nozzle into the gas tank, the metal cover to the tank won't move and won't let me insert the nozzle. Dealer said they will look at it Monday. Just got the car two weeks ago. Any thoughts?

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Did you try a different station? Some use gasser nozels which won't open the new misfuel prevention flap. And for god sake stop calling it a gas anything. Change your mindset.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
you should have bought a Prius, you need to move this over to the B7 section, our B5's don't have that problem

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I am able to take the fuel cap off, but when I went to insert the nozzle into the gas tank, the metal cover to the tank won't move and won't let me insert the nozzle. Dealer said they will look at it Monday. Just got the car two weeks ago. Any thoughts?
Just a thought, are you at the car or truck pump? The truck pump nozzle will not fit the new Passats. As I recall there is no flap to move after taking the cap off but the hole is only big enough for a car nozzle not the truck nozzles.