ok, so where's this red plug go?

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
I am not remembering where this plugs in.
Blah, take it all apart and have such simple issues putting it back together.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Thank you! I appreciate your responses;

no wonder I have no Idea where it goes, I was wondering if that was the case.

Guess with the O2J manual swap it goes nowhere!?!?!

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Right, now I have to deal with the no crank on this swap. I'm sure it's something that I missed.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Ok round plug solved, where's this red one next to the headlight plug go?
I'm thinking it's gasser related maybe, or automatic related.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Thank you for responding,
There's the black one right there also a black plug that's shaped for the hood latch. The red one doesn't fit that.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
As far as the red one, have you located your reverse lights? I had a large plug like that left over from my MT swap, I assumed it was part of the auto trans harness. Couldn't recall, as mine sat in the garage and I picked away at it as I had time.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
See what color the wires in the mini-loom are and look at a wiring diagram. Fight helplessness.
It runs and drives, just connected the speed signal from T14a to the blue 10 terminal and if I've gotten this far without the diagram I don't really think I'm concerned about the red plug, I have no plugs left there to plug into it.
Really just curious about the function so I can see what I can do about/with it.
Thanks for thinking about me though.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Someone asked me how I changed the title of the post and I used Tapatalk. It's the only way I can get the title to change that I have found, also uploading pictures is much simpler than the computer with Tapatalk. Took me so long to try it and I will continue to use it for those reasons.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
As far as the red one, have you located your reverse lights? I had a large plug like that left over from my MT swap, I assumed it was part of the auto trans harness. Couldn't recall, as mine sat in the garage and I picked away at it as I had time.
I think it may have been a plug specific to the gasser, not in the right spot for the trans and the automatic had the speed sensor routed through the engine loom. The engine side of the manual swap was done by an expert, I'm a true shade tree mechanic.
I did everything to do with the swap with information from this and other forums.