Very happy Jetta TDI owners

clemsonla

Last fall my wife and I bought a Jetta TDI and we love it. We've already made three round trips from central Florida to Louisiana. That car simply loves the road! We haven't made any additions or modifications yet other than adding a CD changer. Here are some pictures:

Idrenak

Originally posted by clemsonla:
Last fall my wife and I bought a Jetta TDI and we love it. QUOTE]

I know what you mean. My first trip was to St. Louis and back 75 - 80 mph and 50 mpg. Handles like a dream on the hwy.

Nice car by the way, I like the color. I see your wife behind the wheel in all your pics. Does she let you drive it too?

[ March 29, 2001: Message edited by: Idrenak ]

clemsonla

Do I get to drive it? Occasionally. My car is a lame Geo Metro company car. I get to drive my wife's Jetta on the weekends. BIG FUN!

Brian Martin

TDI
'09 Jetta Sedan - Reflex Silver - Anthracite Grey
clemsonla,
Just the opposite for me.. We bought the Jetta and I drive it and the wife drives the Explorer (afraid an Excursion will squash the Jetta)
.. I do like the Baltic Green, always get asked "Is that blue or Green?"

clemsonla

My (wife's) car has a cloth interior with a standard transmission. We chose the standard because of the additional fuel efficiency. We just took it in yesterday for it's 10K checkup and oil change. Running smooth other than a cracked windshield caused by a stone on the interstate. We don't approach 50MPG however - probably because we usually run the AC. 43MPG is still impressive in my book.

chance

Veteran Member
i traded in my 98 jetta tdi for a new 2001 jetta tdi. i know what you mean about this car. we had a lot of road trips on the 98. we are looking towars a lot more on my 2001. good luck and have fun

clemsonla

Fuel economy update:
Our Jetta TDI is now up to just over 18,000 miles and we recently achieved better than 46 MPG driving from FL to NC and back. That included driving close to 80 MPH with A/C running constantantly on the Interstate highways and some miles on the curvy Blue Ridge Parkway. I'm happy with this!

clemsonla