Interior door pull handle woodgrain - 2005 Passat

JackD123

TDI
2005 Passat TDI wagon
My 2005 Passat TDI has a black interior with burl walnut woodgrain trim. On the door interior, at the grab handle, was a strip of walnut trim. It apparently fell out at some point. I don't have it anymore.

I ordered a kit on ebay that supposedly fit my model year, and it looks like it could almost fit, but I don't think it actually does. The kit I got has woodgrain that goes on top of the pull handle area, around the power window controls etc. It looks like it is meant to snap into the grab handle in some way.

The piece of trim that I had was simply a narrow rectangle that was glued on. There is no way to snap the part that I got from ebay to the door, and although it lines up pretty well with the power window switches, I don't think it's actually possible for it to go down between the switches.

I hope I'm explaining that well enough that someone knows what I am talking about ... if not, feel free to ask for more info.

But anyway, my question may be obvious: is there somewhere I can get the correct part? Or if not, are there any well-known substitutes people use?

My local VW dealership looked it up and told me the part cost over $180 - but was discontinued/unavailable anyway.

Thanks.