2010 TDI Cup “Street Edition"

LBS2516

TDI
2007 V10 TDI Touareg
2010 TDI Cup “Street Edition" Announced

Hello everyone. My name is Bill Colgate (bill.colgate@brownscar.com) and I am the Dealer at Brown's Volkswagen on Richmond, VA. I have included for all of you to see the most recent announcement about the release of the TDI Cup “Street Edition. These will be Special Order vehicles only and in a limited quantity. I also have the order sheet too. I just have not figured out how to post that on this site. It includes a picture and all pricing. If I can assist any of you, please don't hesitate to ask me.

http://www.BrownsVW.com

Great news! The Jetta TDI Cup “Street” Edition will be available for customers beginning in January 2010.
The original concept debuted in in Las Vegas during the 2008 SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) show. After the SEMA show, the concept was displayed at TDI Cup races throughout the country. Additional PR and Marketing activities are also planned to support the introduction, including a dedicated press event in spring 2010.

This vehicle has been very well received by enthusiasts and consumers. Here is a notable quote from one customer: “...that's EXACTLY what I want (or NEED) for commuting to work! “Sign me up for the 6 speed version. Perfect car for my 80 mile daily commute”

The similarities between the TDI Cup race car and the “Street” Edition are apparent at first glance. The TDI Cup “Street” Edition features the brakes with red calipers, sway bars and European sport tuned suspension from the performance oriented GLI. There is an optional body kit that includes the front bumper, side skirts and rear valance that are found on the TDI Cup race cars. A lower priced version is available without the body kit.

Enhancements to the TDI Cup “Street” Edition go well beyond cosmetics. The TDI Cup “Street” Edition is powered by the award winning 2.0-liter clean diesel engine that produces 140 horsepower and an impressive 236 lbs.-ft. of torque. The engine makes use of an advanced electronically controlled turbocharger and common rail direct injection technology, and can be mated to either a six-speed manual transmission or the highly acclaimed DSG transmission.

Other upgrades on the Jetta TDI Cup “Street” Edition include sport seats with Interlagos cloth, and a performance enhanced steering wheel with paddle shifters when equipped with the DSG transmission. Completing this dynamic special edition is a set of 18 inch Charleston wheels with performance all-season tires. In addition to the Laser Blue debut vehicle, other colors include candy white, black, and salsa red.
Pricing will start at $24,990 (manual) for the base version and $27,340 (manual) for the full replica car with body kit.

Jetta TDI Cup “Street” Edition Ordering Process: Volkswagen has a finite amount of TDI engine capacity available, so the TDI Cup “Street” Edition does not represent incremental production. Therefore, it’s important to understand that every TDI Cup “Street” Edition ordered will offset a regular Jetta Sedan TDI that Dealers would otherwise receive in your normal allocation.

Jetta TDI Cup “Street” Edition Ordering Process:

Volkswagen has a finite amount of TDI engine capacity available, so the TDI Cup “Street” Edition does not represent incremental production. Therefore, it’s important to understand that every TDI Cup “Street” Edition ordered will offset a regular Jetta Sedan TDI that Dealers would otherwise receive in your normal allocation. VWOA requires a copy of the deposit and signed Buyers Order from all customers prior to accepting he order.

Last edited:

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
LBS2516 said:
Hello everyone. My name is Bill Colgate and I am the Dealer at Brown's Volkswagen on Richmond, VA. I have include for all of you to see the most recent announcement about the release of the TDI Cup “Street Edition. These will be Special Order vehicles only and in a limited quantity. If I can assist any of you, please don't hesitate to ask me.
Great news! The Jetta TDI Cup “Street” Edition will be available for customers beginning in January 2010.
Excellent. That gives you a good 2 full months to get your vendor status all set up. ;)