VWR springs on an american TDI?

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Blue Silk Golf TDI SEL
no, camber won't change in the rear and I took it for an alignment after a few miles and it is within spec in the front. Will keep the tires rotated every 10k miles so the front don't wear weird. I'll look again tomorrow when I bathe it and get the road salt off.

Thanks for the updates. That's all I'm worried about.

forhumans

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf TDI
Hmm please take FTG measurements after they settle. Would like to know if they still have the reverse rake.
No FTG measurements yet, but I'm pretty sure the reverse rake is gone.

60 day report, how do you like them, settled in and all, are they too stiff, much stiffer than factory, too low?
Definitely not too stiff for me, I can still comfortably drive over manhole covers. I've rubbed a couple of times coming out of steep driveways.

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Blue Silk Golf TDI SEL

Definitely not too stiff for me, I can still comfortably drive over manhole covers. I've rubbed a couple of times coming out of steep driveways.

Looks awesome! I can't wait to do this.

ffeggleston

TDI
mk7 2015

just confirming these are the VWR Version springs you have. Just looking for a small drop. 1.3 inches seemed a lot to me. Just dont want to end up affecting the ride.

D15SEL

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL 6M, '13 Beetle 'vert 6M
Hi. Just wondering which vendor you guys chose to purchase the VWR springs?
tia dg

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
i ordered mine through the us supplier - racingline usa - they will price match anyone on the web, and make sure you get the right model of spring - there are 4 or 5 of them for the mk7

D15SEL

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL 6M, '13 Beetle 'vert 6M
Forhumans, and Andyman.... Thank you both. Had the VWR springs installed this morning and they are perfect. Appearance wise they look great and the car does have less roll but is in no way harsh.
Thanks again. btw The tuning shop where they were installed absolutely loves the transformation.

Saggio

TDI
2015 Golf SEL
I tried to get some better pics today, but the sky always wants to rain on my days off.

I added ECS' 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers for aesthetics.

Forhumans - Could you take a picture of your car from the front or rear looking straight down the side of your car to see what it looks like with the spacers?

Thank you!

forhumans

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf TDI
Forhumans - Could you take a picture of your car from the front or rear looking straight down the side of your car to see what it looks like with the spacers?

Last edited:

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
My springs are going in as I write. Also my summer wheels and folding mirrors.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
I had my VWR springs installed Wednesday, and so far am very pleased with both the drop and the ride quality - very close to OEM ride, no harshness over broken pavement - and this is with my 19" summer wheels installed. I am very, very pleased with the result, and its looks great with the 19" wheels and 235.35.19 tires - no rubbing at all. Just over a finger width of gap. The car is being detailed today. I will take some pictures when I get it back.

Saggio

TDI
2015 Golf SEL
I had my VWR springs installed Wednesday, and so far am very pleased with both the drop and the ride quality - very close to OEM ride, no harshness over broken pavement - and this is with my 19" summer wheels installed. I am very, very pleased with the result, and its looks great with the 19" wheels and 235.35.19 tires - no rubbing at all. Just over a finger width of gap. The car is being detailed today. I will take some pictures when I get it back.
Awesome! Can't wait for the pictures!

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
OK - so here's what mine looks like with VWR springs, 19x8.5 inch wheels and 235.35.19 tires. there is a touch of reverse rake in it because its loaded down with the winter set of wheels and tires. as the front settles a touch and the wheels come out it is looking nice and level.
[/URL][/IMG]

Saggio

TDI
2015 Golf SEL
Looks perfect!

Please confirm this part number for VWR springs on our TDI chassis.

Part# VWR31G7BA

Last edited:

ROD-TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf S TDI 6-speed, 2017 Tiguan Limited, 2015 Golf R DSG/DCC/NAV.
OK - so here's what mine looks like with VWR springs, 19x8.5 inch wheels and 235.35.19 tires. there is a touch of reverse rake in it because its loaded down with the winter set of wheels and tires. as the front settles a touch and the wheels come out it is looking nice and level.
Looks good, but what about shocks performance? I put Bilstein B6 shocks on our 2015 white VW Golf S TDI 6-speed and kept the 16-inch wheels because they have a greater profile and are better at surviving our poor roads and the Bilsteins provide much better suspension performance. What are the handling differences you've experienced with these changes?
-Rod

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
Looks good, but what about shocks performance? I put Bilstein B6 shocks on our 2015 white VW Golf S TDI 6-speed and kept the 16-inch wheels because they have a greater profile and are better at surviving our poor roads and the Bilsteins provide much better suspension performance. What are the handling differences you've experienced with these changes?
-Rod
too early to tell right now as springs are still settling - so far it has eliminated the floating, body roll and bouncing that developed as the stock springs broke in. after a month I can give you my final thoughts.